What you'll do...
About the Team
As a part of Walmart Finance Technology – Digital Planning and Analytics, we build industry defining Planning and Forecasting capabilities that are driver based and enabled by Machine Learning and statistical modeling that enable transparency, governance, and automation. The goals include Creating a Finance OnDemand model for improved Business partner experience; standardizing the core and utilizing predictive analytics to uncover insights faster. You will be in the unique position to be of service to associates as a member of this organization supporting all segments of Walmart Finance. If you are the type of person who feels a personal stake in everything that you work on, has a strong sense of ownership, has a love for Financial data, enjoys solving complex problems, has a passion for privacy, knows how to foster strong relationships and build trust, and works for the success of the product - then this role could be for you. The ideal candidate will be a driver for any given workstream within the program, working closely with the engineering and business teams to take an idea thru implementation and stabilization.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You are a driver, takes responsibility to ensure timely delivery
- You are passionate, driven and humble in your approach
- You’re excited about solving challenges
- You’re team-centric in spirit and in execution
- You’re comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You’re leading and participating in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions, gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames).
- You’re writing and developing code; conducting unit testing, communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders, collaborating with project team and cross functional teams.
- Support the optimization and implementation of the EPM system
- Leading Application Development include:
- Lead Enterprise Performance Management (Oracle-Hyperion/OneStream) projects from concept to implementation by consulting with business customers to determine the root cause of requests.
- Defining and documenting requirements and scope of work in partnership with customers.
- Evaluating potential solutions to determine the optimal solution that can be leveraged across multiple business segments.
- Designing solutions and gathering resources (for example, customer needs, source data owners), developing and scheduling milestones and delivery dates; leading project teams in
- the execution of solutions, consulting with customers to resolve conflicts (for example, customer design elements)
- Documenting final solutions and training customers on the database and solutions.
- Leads the development and maintenance of Enterprise Performance Management databases and other business intelligence applications by serving as a subject matter expert on multiple applications and tools.
- Partnering with leadership to determine short- and long-term business strategies; determining the application of Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) solutions; developing database and application design.
- Synthesizing data to ensure data is consistent with business needs.
- Consulting with business customers regarding best practices and the potential of new applications.
- Integrating multi-dimensional database applications and tools into the data bases and applications.
- Maintaining and querying data contained within applications.
- Creating and modifying code scripts to align with business requirements and developing and coding applications, programs,
- and scripts to build systems that meet business needs.
- Provides database and technical support for multiple support departments (for example, Finance, Operations, Merchandising) and segments by generating analytical solutions
- Leading and participating in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions, gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames).
- Writing and developing code; conducting unit testing, communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders, collaborating with project team and cross functional teams.
- Reviewing and approving proposed solutions, implementing new architectural patterns, and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Utilizing industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment by analyzing industry best practices, bench marking industry against internal processes and solutions, researching, or influencing future industry solutions for fit with internal needs and defining software development guidelines, standards, and processes.
- Ensuring business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives.
Other responsibilities include:
- Delivering small scale automation for quick wins by leveraging different methods in the product.
- Working on other FP&A projects related to implementing new technologies.
- Identifying problem areas and proactively addressing them
- Service/customer-oriented attitude
- Comfortable with changing requirements, priorities, and ambiguity
- Demonstrates ownership/accountability
- Willing to display vulnerability (admit mistakes and knowledge gaps)
- Naturally motivated to challenge the status quo
- 8+ years of working experience in EPM applications Development
- Must have experience with Hyperion Essbase Hyperion Planning, Financial Data Quality management (FDQM), OneStream or equivalent systems
Experience with the following technologies:
- VB .Net, Python, Visual Basic and SQL Server
- Visual Studio, TFS, and GIT
- Must have worked with Balance Sheets and P&Ls
- Must have worked with finance Business users
Additional Preferred Skills
- Excel macros/VBA skills. Proven creative and innovative solutions using excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with business users as well as the technical communities
- Experience with data quality assessment and implementing solutions to improve the data quality
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
608 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6207, United States of America