The Agile/DevOps Dojo (part of Global Tech Platform organization) is looking for a Software Engineer with background in CI/CD and Lean-Agile. The Mission of the Dojo is to share known patterns, to strengthen communities, and empower teams to manage their continuous improvement across the enterprise to deliver sooner, safer, and happier.
The Software Engineer for the Dojo is responsible for the education and adoption of CI/CD, Lean-Agile and Product Practices and Mindset with Product Teams (includes Product Owner, Scrum Master and Engineers). The Software Engineer for the Dojo will evaluate a Product Teams operational health (e. g. team dynamics, agile delivery, product awareness) and identify opportunity for improvements, while helping these teams mature their practices as they effectively embrace an agile and product mindset.
What you will do
Advocate/educator for CI/CD, Agile and Product Principles along with related methodologies and practices. As such, you will need to be involved with internal and external CI/CD and Agile networks to stay current on best practices and strategies related to this way of working. Partnership and learning are cornerstones of the CI/CD and Agile mind set; thus, the Software Engineer for the Dojo will need to actively participate in thought leadership within these communities and seek out opportunities to continuously improve their own skills to better support the teams.
Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long-term solutions and timeline; reviewing and providing feedback for proposed solutions; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
Provides support to the business by responding to user's questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); identifying short- and long-term solutions; facilitating resolutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, project management, business, and user experience teams; and obtaining cross-function approvals.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models’ compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open-Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Participate in internal Community of Practices and foster internal relationships across the enterprise.
Participate in external professional organizations relevant to this role.
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field