What you'll do...
Here at Walmart, we are technology enabled and Human led. We are interested in creating a seamless interface and we are committed to spearheading a technological revolution – one that transforms every touchpoint and optimizes every exchange. Our teams of Software Engineers are at the forefront of this mission
What you'll do...
As a Software Engineer Manager I, – Intelligent Automation & Backend, you'll be responsible for design, and development of large-scale automation programs.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating robust solutions. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance solutions requires exceptional technical expertise and practical experience building large-scale automation programs. This person has thrived and succeeded in fast paced environment where learning new concepts quickly is a must.
- Drive best in class project management practices in the automation program implementation.
- Define and shape strategy and approach on automation by working directly with leadership and key stakeholders
- Drive governance rigor across teams on automation implementations.
- Translate business problem statements into product, process, and automation requirements
- Conceptualize, design, and implement scalable automation and Low Code No Code products/tools/solutions to address business problems.
- Lead the work of small groups of ten to twelve engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; directing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
- Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities; addressing high-priority initiatives (for example, business strategy, technical feasibility, implementation alternatives); identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
What you’ll bring…
·Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
·Strong experience managing and leading a software development team.
·2+ years of managing people directly
·2+years of experience with decomposing RPA opportunities to determine viability and dependencies and leading teams in design, development, and delivery of RPA solutions.
·Experience with one of the following RPA vendor products: UI Path, Blue Prism or Automation Anywhere.
·Demonstrated experience building solution road maps incorporating advanced capabilities like OCR and Document understanding.
·4+ years of professional experience with backend development.
·Experience with Microservices, cloud technologies, PL/SQL, and cloud design patterns.
·Experience leading a team of engineers through various projects at a given time.
·Strong interpersonal skills that allow you to effectively solve problems and work through production issues.
·Experience building and retaining high performance teams and leading global software engineering product teams.
·Proven ability to earn respect, trust and influence from people you work with and to mentor top technical talent.
·Technical leadership experience in design, implementation, and support of core database services that are highly reliable, flexible, and scalable.
- The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, relocation benefits, the opportunity to work remotely and much more.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America