What you'll do...
- Evaluates and manages effectiveness of the system structure by analyzing and benchmarking industry methods; performing performance, trend, and root cause analysis; identifying gaps (for example, missing key words, ticket mapping options) and addressing these gaps in the system backend; incorporating analysis into system optimization plans; collecting and evaluating system requests from the business; adapting requests into plans that will increase system functionality; and making changes or change recommendations based on data, requests, and observations.
- Manages participation and involvement in the customer relation management (CRM) system by receiving feedback and information from the CRM user groups; reviewing information and validating that action is required; developing a solution to identified user needs; providing additional training or clarification; implementing solutions through CRM system changes; and responding to individuals who submit feedback to explain solutions.
- Provides technical support for the CRM system by providing subject matter expertise and guidance to the business; serving as the point of contact for CRM system issues; evaluating and troubleshooting system issues; determining when, how, and where to escalate issues for immediate resolution; providing follow-through in the resolution process; and serving as a liaison to Walmart Technology and external technology partners to troubleshoot and resolve outstanding issues.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
As a part of the Workforce Management team, you will be responsible for configuration design, implementation and support of our Workforce Management solutions and core functionality that meets the specific requirements and exceeds the business requests. Leveraging industry best practice and expertise you will benchmark current process’ and offer sound solutions on appropriate business improvements while supporting the business.
Using previous implementation experience you will also be able to assist and guide customers through the change management process. You will be accountable for requirements analysis, configuration, testing, training and deployment of the solution through to go live support, ensuring that all aspects delivered meet quality standards.
- Translating business requests for Workforce Management configuration changes into specific requirements
- Identify specific requirements and map functionality ensuring any non-standard functional specifications are identified, logged and escalated where appropriate
- Document any development or integration requirements from business requests and ensure hand-off and understanding to appropriate product owner
- Assist with project management including updating the plan, tracking timelines, escalating risks and facilitating workshops and meetings
- Assisting with design and delivery of the configuration changes for Workforce Management
- Documentation of configuration, changes and traceability of business requests up until implementation and validation in production
- Manage any issues, identify causes and escalating where appropriate
- When necessary, support of the Workforce Management solutions during issues.
- Monitor and support jobs and processes of the Workforce Management solution to ensure complete and accurate processing and taking any necessary actions to resolve issues.
- Create and maintain documentation for all configured elements
- Support with functional testing and end-to-end acceptance testing escalating any failures and identifying causes and resolving issues as necessary
- Support implementation and rollout of changes
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience
- Ideally at least 3-5 years relevant work experience in a Business/Systems Analyst on Technology Projects
- Experience working within an Agile development lifecycle
- Retail experience preferred (eg Store/Supply Chain Systems/Operations)
- Have previous experience within a WFM project role, vendor selection, design, build, test and rollout phases of a project
- Experience in writing and executing software test plans
- Experience working in complex business environments and on high-pressure, fast-paced projects in a collaborative team setting
- Workforce Management implementation experience is preferred
- HR Systems experience is preferred
- Detailed knowledge of labor management/demand is preferred
- Experience of interfacing to other systems is preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and solid understanding of systems implementations
- Configuration of Workforce Management Systems
- Presenting to a large group of individuals at different levels and dealing with clients face-to-face on a regular basis
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work well on your own
- Basic understanding of databases
- Full project lifecycle from design to support
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite and Window
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related field and 3 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 7 years OR 5 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 7 years.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Designing, leading, and implementing small- to medium-scale technology projects, Designing technical solutions in response to customer requests or changes in retail business, Production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations, Troubleshooting and recommending technical solutions
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America