What you'll do...
Walmart InfoSec is looking for a security minded developer to create new features and API integrations between various IT tools and our central security review process. This role is for the developer looking to break into Information Security or for a security professional with development skills and the ability to create solutions that help speed the company to secure solutions. Ideal candidates will have a drive to do both design and implementation, while working with a team focused on the product as a whole. We are looking for someone with ServiceNow experience (preferred) or a willingness to learn as well as an ability to develop Java based APIs for exchange of data with other systems in the company.
- Provides advanced support of developed enterprise security services by responding to customer requests, questions, and problems; working problem tickets; troubleshooting problems for root causes; reviewing problem resolutions and installation plans according to defined procedures; installing identified changes according to change procedures; using version control for maintenance of code and configuration; communicating findings and status updates for customers; carrying an on-call pager as needed; and leading war room or focus room meetings.
- Analyzes systems or business processes to design security solutions (for example, software, hardware) by meeting with customers and end users; investigating business requirements and ongoing operations; reviewing solution pros and cons with team members and customers; completing technical design aspects; and developing system and program specifications for Programmers and Programmer Analysts.
- Supports Walmart Technology teams and applications by responding to complex business and technical problems; identifying and proposing solutions; assigning development to team members; and ensuring complete implementation.
- Participates on team initiatives by following system development processes (for example, Information Systems Development Life Cycle (ISDLC)); assisting with required technical resource allocation; testing and debugging complex programs and scripts; reviewing and recommending third-party software; and reviewing systems documentation.
- Identifies and implements security solutions and follows system development processes (for example, Information Systems Development Life Cycle (ISDLC)) by gathering requested information; conducting business and technical impact analysis of proposed solutions or changes; writing, testing, and debugging programs and scripts; using commands, utilities, or control languages; participating in code reviews; using version control for maintenance of code and configuration; monitoring alerts and other system checks and balances; checking system performance, availability, and reliability; implementing test scripts and procedures; installing and maintaining third-party software and hardware changes; implementing improvements to products, alerts, and monitors; compiling documentation; and participating in and creating communications on application solutions and delivering them to diverse audiences (for example, management, customers, suppliers, technical staff).
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 5 years' experience in information technology within the past
10 years OR 7 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certified Intrusion analyst (GCIAs), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), and/or Security+ certification, Leading Technical Team, Mainframe Technology, Professional certification in information technology relevant to the job under consideration (for example, Java, C/C++, mainframe technologies, SAP, Microsoft .Net, business intelligence tools, SQL technology), Programming language or languages (for example, Java, C/C++, .NET, Rexx, Cobol, Powershell), SAP, SQL technology, Version control software (for example, Subversion, Git, Librarian)
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America