What you'll do...
The Staff Software Engineer is responsible for leading or assisting architecture and technical approach across the International Sam’s Club area. This means working across multiple engineering teams (both framework teams and application development team) and ensuring team leads and senior engineers understand the technical direction and are engaged in its development. The staff engineer can represent multiple products in larger audiences and is primarily responsible for architectural documentation and soundness along with best practices and mentoring engineers. The staff engineer is still hands on and regularly contributes code to critical deliverables.
This is a technical leadership position for a highly visible and impactful set of systems in one of the largest companies in the world.
• Lead team in designing across systems and applications
• Facilitate understanding
• Leads team products by reviewing product requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions while gathering requested information
• Designing and developing backend micro-services and REST APIs for web applications using Java or Reactive Java and other languages and frameworks
• Conduct unit testing and develop code with Java in a continuous delivery environment
• Troubleshoot open issues and bug-fixes
• Partner and collaborate with product teams and cross functional teams
• Provide leadership to the product teams
• Lead the discovery phase of products to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, engineering, and business and user experience teams.
Manager's Ideal Candidate Must-Haves:
• 5+ years of industry experience working as a hands-on Software Engineer or Technical Architect
• Large scale distributed systems and event-driven architectures
• Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
• Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
• Specialization in Java and Spring Frameworks
• Proven understanding of micro-services oriented architecture and extensible REST APIs
• Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands on experience with public or private cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GAE, Azure)
• Fluency in database technology (SQL, NoSQL like DynamoDB or Cassandra)
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years’ experience in software
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering