What you'll do...
As a Software Engineer III (Back End) you are responsible for developing high performance and scalable e-commerce applications that meet the needs of millions of Walmart customers and its next generation Supply Chain, in particular it’s Fulfillment Management System (core of Walmart’s Supply chain) that is built largely on an event driven platform implemented via a micro-service architecture. The platform runs in the public cloud and uses a large number of technologies and middle ware. This product is responsible for fulfilling the orders coming from Walmart all Walmart’s subsidiaries including the International markets. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general.
- Participate in team of application engineers, architect and product visionaries to develop, prototype and build technology-driven products that will serve the current and future needs of ecommerce.
- Primarily responsible for delivering high quality code for the software designs catering to product requirements in a fast-paced agile scrum sprint
- Work closely with senior engineers and quickly ramp up on design skills
- Follow guidance, learn quickly, and start taking ownership of tasks.
- Ensures the design solutions are achievable and can be implemented working along a sequence of events/steps in achieving the target architecture.
- Proactively learn key processes, relationships, and underlying business requirements.
- Implement software as per the design, generate test cases, automate integration tests, perform code reviews and write feature documentation for scalable software solutions
- Perform build, deployment and continuous integration processes to move the code and configurations from local development environments to QA & Production environments.
- Defines, creates and supports reusable application components/patterns from a business and technology perspective.
- Drive production deployments using platform’s automated CI and deployment tools
- Work as Level 3 production support engineer on a rotation-basis to help Level 2 production support team for any production issue where engineering help is required. Provide support in troubleshooting / investigations pertaining to the Fulfillment management systems.
- Responsible for production environment health as first priority, enabling automated monitoring and alerting and ensuring close to 100% uptime.
- Support Business requests for investigation and analysis
- Use Agile SCRUM methodologies to deliver solutions with high level of flexibility and adaptability.
- Help the team leverage and contribute to open-source technologies.
Basic Skill Set (Must Have)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 4-6 years or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 2-3 years of experience
- Solid hands on experience with object-oriented and/or event driven systems.
- Strong programming experience in object-oriented programming e.g. Java
- Extensive experience developing services using back-end technologies (Java)
- In depth knowledge of SQL/No-SQL and database technologies (Oracle and Cosmos DB)
Duties (Skill Set):
- Develop, prototype and build technology-driven products that will serve the current and future needs of ecommerce using Core & Advance Java / J2EE, Spring & Hibernate framework, tomcat and jBoss application servers.
- Working on SQL/No-SQL database technologies such as Oracle and Cosmos DB, ElasticSearch, Casandra/Solr.
- Working with Async Message processing systems like Kafka and JMS technologies to process the messages and integrate across systems.
- Designing and building highly scalable & multi-tenant solutions by doing capacity planning, system performance tuning & analysis using JMeter, VisualVM.
- Building, deploying and managing micro-services using cloud solutions like Microsoft Azure, Kubernetes and Docker Framework.
- Building Data Reporting, Monitoring and System Analysis Dashboards using Elastic Search, LogStash and Apache Kibana.
- Extracting, transforming and loading the data feeds from multiple systems using Python, Shell and SQL scripts.
- Developing functional and unit test cases by using Junit and TestNG frameworks.
- Creating scheduled utilities and jobs using open-source technologies using Unix, Spring scheduler frameworks.
- Designing & developing multi-thread applications capable of handling millions of messages using Java platforms.
- Hand-On experience on application logging, reporting and monitoring tools like Splunk and Grafana.
- Building Continuous code Integration & deployment pipelines using tools like Jenkins and Maven.
- Working on code version control systems like GitHub and project tracking and management tools like JIRA, Kanban and Confluence.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America