What you'll do...
- Understands, articulates, and applies principles of the defined strategy to routine business problems that involve a single function.
Data Transformation and Integration:
- Extracts data from identified databases.
- Creates data pipelines and transform data to a structure that is relevant to the problem by selecting appropriate techniques.
- Develops knowledge of current data science and analytics trends.
Data Source Identification:
- Supports the understanding of the priority order of requirements and service level agreements.
- Helps identify the most suitable source for data that is fit for purpose.
- Performs initial data quality checks on extracted data.
- Analyzes complex data elements, systems, data flows, dependencies, and relationships to contribute to conceptual, physical, and logical data models.
- Develops the Logical Data Model and Physical Data Models including data warehouse and data mart designs.
- Defines relational tables, primary and foreign keys, and stored procedures to create a data model structure.
- Evaluates existing data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies. Develops efficient data flows.
- Analyzes data-related system integration challenges and proposes appropriate solutions.
- Creates training documentation and trains end-users on data modeling.
- Oversees the tasks of less experienced programmers and stipulates system troubleshooting supports.
Code Development and Testing:
- Writes code to develop the required solution and application features by determining the appropriate programming language and leveraging business, technical, and data requirements.
- Creates test cases to review and validate the proposed solution design.
- Creates proofs of concept.
- Tests the code using the appropriate testing approach.
- Deploys software to production servers.
- Contributes code documentation,maintains playbooks, and provides timely progress updates.
- Translates business problems within one's discipline to data related or mathematical solutions.
- Identifies what methods (for example, analytics, big data analytics, automation) would provide a solution for the problem.
- Shares use cases and gives examples to demonstrate how the method would solve the business problem.
Applied Business Acumen:
- Provides recommendations to business stakeholders to solve complex business issues. Develops business cases for projects with a projected return on investment or cost savings.
- Translates business requirements into projects, activities, and tasks and aligns to overall business strategy.
- Serves as an interpreter and conduit to connect business needs with tangible solutions and results.
- Recommends new processes and ways of working.
- Establishes, modifies, and documents data governance projects and recommendations.
- Implements data governance practices in partnership with business stakeholders and peers.
- Interprets company and regulatory policies on data.
- Educates others on data governance processes, practices, policies, and guidelines. Provides recommendations on needed updates or inputs into data governance policies, practices, or guidelines.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Option 2: 5 years’ experience in
software engineering or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Computer Science and 1 year’s experience in software engineering or related
2 years' experience in data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics, ETL tools and working with large data sets in the cloud, Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America