What you'll do...
- Leads and participates in team tasks by receiving tasks from project leads and experienced team members; assigning tasks to team members; giving updates on assignments; contributing in team meetings and discussions; creating and reviewing team documentation; and developing and delivering written and oral presentations for diverse audiences (for example, management, customers, suppliers, technical staff).
- Monitors data movement by utilizing data loss prevention (DLP) tools in accordance with internal policies; analyzing alerts and finding correlating data points between various feeds (for example, network-based, file-based, database, web), tools (for example, network DLP, endpoint DLP), and personal interactions; and analyzing data and providing guidance for further action.
- Supports data security by responding to customer requests, questions, and problems related to Data Assurance; working problem tickets; ensuring ticket resolution across team; troubleshooting problems for root causes; reviewing problem resolutions and installation plans according to defined procedures; installing identified changes according to change procedures; and communicating findings and status updates to customers.
- Develops and implements data loss prevention system solutions and changes by assisting Technical Experts in setting technical direction; gathering requirements to support implementations; coordinating changes with customers and other system areas; ensuring testing and validation of solutions and changes; evaluating the system environment; evaluating supplier products; making recommendations relative to supplier products and services;researching and presenting information about new technologies; reviewing changes before and after product installations; developing and reviewing system documentation; participating in cross-departmental solution reviews; and representing Cybersecurity on divisional councils.
- Identifies and implements data loss prevention solutions by gathering requested information; writing, testing, and debugging programs (for example,.NET, Java) and scripts (for example, batch, PowerShell, Perl) for Incident Management; participating in code reviews; using commands and utilities;monitoring alerts and other system checks and balances; managing system performance, availability, and reliability; implementing improvements to products, alerts, and monitors; and compiling documentation.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related field and 3 years'
experience in information technology or related field within the last 7 years OR 5 years' experience in information technology or related field within
the last 7 years.
2 years' experience working with MS Office developing macros or using advanced functions (for example, Vlookup, PivotCharts/Tables).
1 year's experience working on task automation (for example, .Net, Batch/Shell scripting, SQL script, VBA).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Designing, leading, and implementing small- to medium-scale technology projects, Designing technical solutions in response to customer requests or changes, Developing regular expressions, Performance tuning code and reducing computational complexity, Production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations, Troubleshooting and recommending technical solutions, Working on small scope software development platforms (for example, .Net, Java, C/C++), Working with (T)SQL in various DBMS platforms
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America