What you'll do...
Working at Sam’s Club means a career without boundaries. There’s always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work. Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you’ll quickly find that we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam’s Club is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
As a Senior Director, Software Engineering part of Sam’s Club, you will help guide the team, grooming associates through training as well as managing relationships.
What you’ll do:
- Delivers high quality products by developing and executing strategies for quality assurance, including mitigation plans to ensure quality; leveraging experience, insight, competitive analysis, and data to determine how to best exceed customer and member needs; sponsoring, developing, and influencing continuous improvement initiatives; eliminating non-value-added work; and measuring and monitoring milestones for quality.
- Delivers new products and manages one or more existing applications with minimum customer impact due to sales loss by ensuring that high quality standards are met throughout the delivery process; presenting and publishing analysis results; and developing plans and procedures to prevent future sales loss.
- Develops technical strategies for eCommerce applications and systems by promoting an understanding of the technology and business roadmap; predicting, evaluating, and integrating new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities; sponsoring programs and initiatives to improve organizational adaptability and continuous learning capabilities; analyzing competitive trends and patterns; influencing business and product roadmaps; evaluating short- and long-term implications of decisions; and communicating strategies, change initiatives, and competitive information in clear and compelling ways.
- Ensures the successful execution of engineering projects by developing and implementing plans to ensure others have the information, training, resources, and implementation time to succeed; removing barriers to delivering customer/member value, service, and support; reviewing project progress against timelines; developing and upgrading work assignments and processes to accomplish goals across functions, organizations, and geographies; and building commitment and support for initiatives using logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learned.
- Drives continuous process improvement and innovation by identifying inefficiencies in current processes; improving agility of the team; and adopting industry trends for innovation.
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy. Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Now, imagine doing all the above for the world’s largest retailer. That’s the Walmart experience. Intrigued?
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
About the Team:
As a member of the Engineering group, you’ll be responsible for evaluating large amounts of data as part of the ongoing effort to optimize processes and delivery protocols. You’ll operate as a trusted advisor as it relates to efficiencies and best practices. As a senior member of the team, you’ll be able to say that you work for the world’s largest retailer and contribute to the development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.
Who We Are:
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 7 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 9 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
4 years’ supervisory experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years' experience in software engineering
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America