What you'll do...
What we do,………
We work on Transportation optimization systems for Walmart. We need Enthusiastic Staff Software Engineer who is passionate to drive and create business friendly applications and systems and will be able to provide designs and guides the team in generating application dashboards/UI/ scalable and performant applications for Optimization systems.
We’d like it if you can………
- Candidate should have UI knowledge and exposure too which will be added advantage.
- Be responsible for design, architecture, and end-to-end delivery of one or more associate products, reusable libraries, and application frameworks.
- Raise the bar on improving and maintaining best practices, quality of code, documentation, testing, monitoring and delivery of features.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders and other cross-functional teams.
- Sustainable engineering by improving best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing and monitoring.
- Estimate effort, identify risks, help with prioritization and devising/meeting project schedules.
- Collaborate with other engineers in the team and provide technical guidance to them.
- Rise above details as and when needed to spot broader issues/trends and implications for the product/team.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have……….
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 9-14 years of strong design/development experience overall, with 5+ years of application development experience
- Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality and able to effectively communicate across teams and roles
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with cloud technologies, cloud message APIs and push notifications
- 8+ years’ experience working in web technologies and apps
- Excellent programming experience using Java, Messaging Queues (Kafka/RabbitMQ), Micro Services, Spring, Spring Boot, RDBMS, REST API & Web Services
- Experience with NoSQL DB’s like Mongo, Cassandra etc.
- 4+ years’ experience in handling customer centric support communication
- Design and implement REST APIs and Experience working with multi-threaded programming in high performance, distributed environments
- Experience in SQL development (complex queries, stored procedures, and user defined functions) and performance tuning is required
- Java performance tuning, memory management, debug heap dumps to identify memory leaks
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and code management tools like - GitHub
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability as a problem-solver
- Experience working in fast paced internet/e-commerce companies
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and leadership skills.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Experience in eCommerce Software development
- Good experience with web apps, setup environments and development operations
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, relocation benefits, the opportunity to work remotely and much more.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
We’re virtual and Onsite
Working virtually has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America