What you'll do...
As a member of the Data platform team, you will work with other members of the team to produce mission-critical infrastructure, tools, and processes that will ensure highest levels of availability and reliability of all our websites, systems, and services. As a senior member of the team, you will be expected to work with management, peers, and customers to define and implement the technical vision of the team.
You are right for the job if you are comfortable with deep technical Linux, networking topics, and distributed architectures. You will work cross-functionally amongst a variety of teams and be a core contributor in every significant engineering service or solution that we deliver to our stakeholders. You will excel if you have enthusiasm for digging deep, and a flare for sharp technical communication, prioritization, and organization. You will work directly with our Software Engineering teams to build our next generation “always up” and “highly available” cloud-based data platforms powering the enterprise. The ideal candidate has solid experience in both operations and engineering, as this is a hands-on role tasked with providing support to our many internal customers and leveraging those interactions to identify opportunities to streamline processes, optimize routine tasks, and enhance the products.
We are looking for hybrid systems and software engineers who are responsible and take ownership for reliability, scalability, automation, and other issues related to uptime and availability of Walmart’s e-commerce/Retail and Enterprise data platform. Our goal is to build, scale and guard the systems that delights the customers. To do so, you will need to strong skills in following areas:
- Design, write and build tools to improve the reliability, latency, availability, and scalability of Walmart e-commerce/Retail and Enterprise products.
- Engender reliability and availability starting with metrics and measurements.
- Enable scaling by providing tools, developing training and/or augmenting processes.
- Build tools/automate to prevent re-occurrence of problem to mission critical products/services.
- Augment existing instrumentation to build a cohesive picture of the characteristics of our systems with special attention to points of failure.
- Participate in capacity planning, demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Develop a deep understanding of the numerous services and applications that come together to deliver Walmart e-commerce/Retail and Enterprise products.
- Design new tools to monitor and smart alerts that help discover failures/issues in a timely fashion and work with engineers to identify root cause and fix issues.
- Influence, design and create new architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale enterprise systems.
- Root-cause analysis complex problems involving multiple parties, networks, hardware, and software that relate to scaling and performance.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Secure the system from issues, be they real, perceived, or notional.
- High focus on collecting and inferring metric documentation to be used by others to build and maintain systems.
- Scripting and Development responsibilities
- Experience with Infrastructure as code tools like Terraform
- Build and drive the automation systems that maintain system health
- Eliminate Single Point of failure and test disaster recovery and HA regularly.
- Bachelor's degree (MS preferred) combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of experience leveraging cloud technologies specifically MSFT Azure
- Beginner to Intermediate knowledge of Terraform, Git, Splunk
- Intermediate knowledge of Azure Storage, Azure Networking and Security
- Advanced Azure COSMOS DB knowledge
- Performance tuning of cosmos queries
- Working knowledge of Java development. Analyzing and troubleshooting based on stack traces
- Intermediate knowledge of Python and Powershell scripting. Bonus + Python Azure SDK
- Prior experience with migration
- 5+ years of experience with NoSQL technologies.
- 5+ years of hands-on Python and SQL experience required.
- Experience working on all modern OS.
- OS based scripting technologies.
- Experience working with CLI's, REST API's and SDK of Azure PaaS products specifically COSMOS DB
- Experience in supporting enterprise platform
- Expert Data Model skills on designing and building models for semi-structured, relational, graph data
- Self-directed and dedicated, as well as creativity and hands-on attitude
- Curiosity in searching for new solutions outside of traditional approaches
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America