What you'll do...
At Walmart, our team creates, re-imagines, and drives improvements for the sophisticated pricing systems that shape customer shopping experiences across every channel, from online and mobile to our thousands of stores. At scale, millions of products are algorithmically priced using the latest information to drive down cost for the countless families that depend on Walmart every day. Our work curates the data used in decision-making, including event-based and historical data, builds the sophisticated applications to manage and execute pricing strategies using this knowledge, and measures each outcome to continuously improve.
Our software engineers collaborate with Walmart's best data scientists and domain experts to adapt to evolving markets across the nation, and we apply the latest advances to the technology we create. We love to write thoughtful, well-considered code using the best languages and tools for the cloud, and our software system designs reflect this. Our marketplace business is growing tremendously, and we are seeking strong front-end software engineers to help.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have passion for creating software, with a focus on distributed, scalable, and fault-tolerant systems.
- You enjoy turning interesting challenges into clean, elegant software that stands the test of time.
- You support the team around you to achieve goals together.
- You're an intellectually curious person who is always learning, reading, listening, and growing.
- You have exposure to ideas from other disciplines that broaden your perspective.
- You set high standards for the software you create, and you are constantly improving those creations.
- You're an organized person - who's comfortable decomposing goals into manageable steps.
- You question the status quo, enjoy being innovative, and yearn to create something special that will have a positive impact to millions of customers.
What you'll do:
- Partnering with technical leads, software engineers, UX designers, business strategists and product managers to develop the applications that manage Walmart’s pricing services.
- Participating across all stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Writing clean, scalable, well-tested, quality code and applying a strong knowledge of object-oriented design.
- Modeling domain relationships and data flows to reason about business problems and scenarios.
- Implementing or enhancing tools to close the trust gap towards sophisticated algorithmic pricing and elevating the overall user experience.
- Managing risk in a rapid development process through automated testing, continuous integration, and deployment.
- Taking ownership of applications in production, providing visibility through monitoring and alerting, and participating in team processes to ensure correctness and reliability.
- Troubleshooting technical issues and leveraging your experience to help others overcome similar obstacles.
- Making measurement-driven decisions using technologies from the Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure Cloud, and our relational and no-SQL databases.
- Documenting and sharing knowledge about your software, operational processes, and playbooks.
- Demonstrating, every day, to your peers what it means to be a truly amazing software engineer.
What you'll bring:
- Familiarity with common frameworks of the languages, such as jQuery, Angular, React, and nodeJS etc.
- Experience building pages from wireframes using a Mobile first approach utilizing modern CSS frameworks such as PostCSS, Less/Sass.
- Comfort applying modern development tools, such as Git, bower, gems, npm, and bundle.
- Knowledge of distributed systems for communications, such as Apache Kafka and HTTP/REST.
- Ability to use and design for databases and caches, such as SQL, Redis, Cassandra etc.
- Reliable deployment experience using containerization, such as Kubernetes or Docker.
- Operational excellence, using Prometheus, Grafana, xMatters, or comparable tools for monitoring and alerting.
- Software design expertise, and comfort communicating those designs using diagrams/UML and other technical writing.
- Clear communication skills, a positive outlook, and a drive to make a difference.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America