What you'll do...
Work within Walmart’s newly formed Global Tech Platforms organization to design and build a cutting edge highly scalable, distributed, resilient, Tier-1 serverless enterprise message processing and routing platform. Join a highly collaborative team and support our vision to intelligently and efficiently route data across multi-regions and clouds. This platform will become a critical backbone powering a significant set of Walmart’s mission critical workloads.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if….
- You are handling near real-time stream processing via Micro-services, Spark, Flink, Storm, Kafka Connect or other distributed processing engines
- Have a firm understanding of distributed system challenges (Consensus, processing semantics, Event-sourcing, CQRS, Locks, Concurrency, Transactions, etc.)
- Have a strong grasp of HDFS/Hadoop ecosystem
You’ll make an impact by…
- Processing 100s of TB of data daily
- Supporting 1000s of end users
- Managing tens of 1000s of interdependent pipelines
- Working in a complex globally distributed, multi cloud environment
What you’ll do…
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions; implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; directing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, Web Operations, project management, business and user experience teams; obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and
implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices by leading internal technical teams; partnering with cross-functional teams across the
business; developing assessments of key opportunities; documenting project scopes; developing long-range plans and project timelines; communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization; and resolving technology differences across teams through informed discussions.
What you’ll bring…
- Java/Scala highly preferred but not required
- Handling near real-time stream processing via Micro-services, Spark, Flink, Storm, Kafka Connect or other distributed processing engines
- Firm understanding of distributed system challenges (Consensus, processing semantics, Event-sourcing, CQRS, Locks, Concurrency, Transactions, etc.)
- Experience with distributed messaging systems like Kafka
- Strong grasp of HDFS/Hadoop ecosystem
- Significant experience in building and maintaining Git-Ops Flows and fully automated CI/CD Processes.
- Working within stateful and/or stateless containers and orchestration via Kubernetes, Nomad or equivalent
- Experience with Relational, Distributed, and Document Databases such as Cassandra/HBase, MySQL, CosmosDB, Spanner, or Dynamo
- Fundamental ANSI SQL understanding
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America