What you'll do...
The Global Governance and Compliance team at Walmart oversees company-wide ethics and compliance standards, processes, and procedures.
Reporting to the Director of Software Engineering of the Global Governance and Compliance team, you will be a key contributor to leading, designing, building, managing, and deploying some of the key technology that powers ethics and compliance processes and procedures at Walmart. You will also get to mentor and develop a talented team of Engineers while working closely with cross-functional teams and leadership.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have minimum 5 years of experience building scalable software applications or technical solutions
- You are a Java expert
- You have experience in cloud (Azure preferred)
You’ll make an impact by:
- Leading the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Implementing new architectural patterns and perform design and code reviews of changes
- Troubleshooting business and production issues
- Leading the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high-level design by partnering with various stakeholders and obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes to validate ideas
- Developing Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization
- Reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information; writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with the project team and cross-functional teams; troubleshooting issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with the project manager to providing input on project plan; and proven leadership to the project team
- Utilizing industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment by analyzing industry best practices; benchmarking industry against internal processes and solutions
- Driving the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Mentoring and developing associates; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; and ensuring diversity awareness
- Promoting and supporting company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Ensuring business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in supporting community outreach events.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
608 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6207, United States of America