What you'll do...
- Supports code development for eCommerce projects by participating in project team meetings to develop project plans; reviewing project requirements; providing insight to software developers regarding project quality requirements.
- Performs quality assurance testing for large-scale, eCommerce web applications, tools, and software by collaborating with project teams to establish E2E test cases and requirements; writing test cases (for example, white, gray, or black box) in accordance with project requirements and established standards; obtaining test case approval from the project team; applying test case instructions to products under testing; executing E2E test cases with the collaboration with different teams; evaluating results against expected results; and updating project teams regarding results and needed fixes.
- Develops software quality assurance (SQA) test plans for assigned projects by determining exact testing scope for assigned projects; determining data and environmental requirements; identifying dependencies and risks; and determining schedule of test deliverables.
- Contribute to test frameworks, test tools, and automation for complex, distributed SaaS systems.
- Drive quality processes like bug triage, release decisions, and feature completion criteria.
- Participates in small- to large-scale E2E projects by reviewing project requirements; assisting in the writing and developing of code; conducting integration testing; communicating status and issues to appropriate team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross-functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
- Provides solutions for coding errors by collaborating with software developers to review coding algorithms; developing testing requirements based on code functionality; analyzing testing results to determine needed fixes; querying application logs and databases and checking configuration files to troubleshoot issues encountered during testing; resolving minor code errors; and recommending code fixes or solutions for testing errors.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as IT, Engineering, Math, Physics or similar with Computer Science coursework.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as part of a test team
- 5+ years of experience contributing to test automation and frameworks
- Familiar with front-end technologies (including Selenium-based automation), REST web services and/or constructing database queries
- An excellent Ad-hoc tester
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America