What you'll do...
It’s an exciting time to join our Walmart journey. We are seeking a Senior Manager, Software Engineering for a key position in Finance Technology to support the Central Item Level Ledger (CILL) team. The goal of the Central Item Level Ledger is to be the authoritative source for Walmart financial reporting data. This data will be leveraged by our financial reporting systems and third-party service centers, enabling the capability to publish financial data centrally in real-time. This role will support front-end functionality for error-handling, reporting, and end-user readiness. The ideal candidate will have a strong Software Engineering background, knowledge of UI/UX design patterns and technologies, an understanding of the public cloud, as well as a passion for enabling our end users. You’ll need to be a team player and have a passion for building products that add value to customers, both immediately and over time.
About the Team
As a part of Walmart Finance Technology, you will work alongside a cutting-edge technology team building industry-leading solutions to support Walmart’s financial systems’ needs. We provide the systems that allow the Fortune 1 company to close the books each month and report financial statements externally each quarter. More than $500 Billion in annual revenue flows through these systems, so you will be working with large data sets and large financials. You will be in the unique position to be of service to both our customers and our associates as a member of this organization, supporting all segments of Walmart.
As a technical leader, you will be a key part of the team--leading software design and implementation, solving problems, maintaining quality standards, ensuring adherence to architecture principles, and proposing creative ideas that solution problems faster, while ensuring engineering efficiency as we collaborate with our end users to deliver world-class software solutions.
If you have a strong sense of ownership, a love for data, a passion for technology; enjoy solving complex problems; can foster strong relationships and build trust and work for the success of the entire team - then our Senior Manager, Software Engineering position could be for you.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Bringing Passion to ideate, plan, and ensure proper design decisions and technology best-practices are followed by the team each day.
- Providing cross-functional leadership: Comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- Developing and executing plans: Drive the execution of business plans and tech initiatives. Effectively communicate execution, capacity, resource plans, and priorities
- Building strategic relationships: Partner with peer teams to ensure Finance Technology is utilizing the latest technologies in our technical solutioning.
- Operating with excellence – Set an example in managing code-quality via reviews, coverage, automation for core application and peer teams.
- Building a team environment by partnering to solve problems and staying focused untill there is a solution
What you’ll do…
- Engage in technical design and discussions to help drive technical architecture
- Communicate the vision of our product to external entities
- Provide input to roadmaps and project plans supporting Walmart’s long-term plans for data optimization across systems
- Effectively supervise a team of software engineers, responsible for programming, unit and performance testing, and deployment
- Provide guidance and influence in other areas of the Engineering (e.g. DevOps and Test Engineering). Foster, enable, and promote innovation
- Provide team leadership and address team competencies and skill gaps
- Ensure the happiness and productivity of the team’s software engineers
- Demonstrate sound business judgment as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements, and prioritize.
- Ensure program management principles (for example: issue resolution and risk mitigation) are being followed and business requirements are being met
- Lead a team responsible for the delivery of multiple project deliverables, using agile methodologies
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Mentor software engineers through their career growth. Providing both supervision and development opportunities for associates.
- Bachelor of Science and 6-8 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering
- Experience managing software development engineers and leading engineering projects
- In-depth knowledge of technologies such as Java, Rest API, Big Data, Event driven design React.js, Node.js, Messaging Technologies, Spring Boot, Relational Databases
- Solid understanding of public cloud environments (Azure, GCP, or AWS) and successfully implementing components to run in a live environment
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America