What you'll do...
- Data Strategy: Understands, articulates, and applies principles of the defined strategy to routine business problems that involve a single function.
- Data Transformation and Integration: Extracts data from identified databases. Creates data pipelines and transform data to a structure that is relevant to the problem by selecting appropriate techniques. Develops knowledge of current data science and analytics trends.
- Data Source Identification: Supports the understanding of the priority order of requirements and service level agreements. Helps identify the most suitable source for data that is fit for purpose. Performs initial data quality checks on extracted data.
- Data Modeling: Analyzes complex data elements, systems, data flows, dependencies, and relationships to contribute to conceptual, physical, and logical data models. Develops the Logical Data Model and Physical Data Models including data warehouse and data mart designs. Defines relational tables, primary and foreign keys, and stored procedures to create a data model structure. Evaluates existing data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies. Develops efficient data flows. Analyzes data-related system integration challenges and proposes appropriate sol tions.
- Creates training documentation and trains end-users on data modeling. Oversees the tasks of less experienced programmers and stipulates system troubleshooting supports.
- Code Development and Testing: Writes code to develop the required solution and application features by determining the appropriate programming language and leveraging business, technical, and data requirements. Creates test cases to review and validate the proposed solution design. Creates proofs of concept. Tests the code using the appropriate testing approach. Deploys software to production servers. Contributes code documentation, maintains playbooks, and provides timely progress updates.
- Problem Formulation: Translates business problems within one's discipline to data related or mathematical solutions. Identifies what methods (for example, analytics, big data analytics, automation) would provide a solution for the problem. Shares use cases and gives examples to demonstrate how the method would solve the business problem.
- Applied Business Acumen: Provides recommendations to business stakeholders to solve complex business issues. Develops business cases for projects with a projected return on investment or cost savings. Translates business requirements into projects, activities, and tasks and aligns to overall business strategy. Serves as an interpreter and conduit to connect business needs with tangible solutions and results. Recommends new processes and ways of working.
- Data Governance: Establishes, modifies, and documents data governance projects and recommendations. Implements data governance practices in partnership with business stakeholders and peers. Interprets company and regulatory policies on data. Educates others on data governance processes, practices, policies, and guidelines. Provides recommendations on needed updates or inputs into data governance policies, practices, or guidelines.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices
Who We Are
Join Walmart, and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us, and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve to live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Option 2: 5 years’ experience in
software engineering or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Computer Science and 1 year’s experience in software engineering or related
2 years' experience in data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics, ETL tools and working with large data sets in the cloud, Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America