What you'll do...
Walmart is looking for a Microsoft Power BI Developer to join our exciting and growing Intelligent Reporting team. In this role, you will be responsible for creating Power BI Dashboard solutions and providing technical support.
If you have a background in building a dashboard from scratch and possess a strong problem-solving aptitude, kindly apply!
- Designing and developing semantic data models to implement data strategies, build data flows and meeting business interactive use cases
- Understand logical and physical data models and best practices along with corresponding metadata to ensure high data quality and reusability
- Guide or advise on data modeling solutions optimized for relational, dimensional, and SQL databases
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of multiple semantic data models
- Perform reverse engineering of existing semantic data models from Power BI, databases and SQL scripts to identify problem root cause
- Evaluate & test various semantic data models for any variances and discrepancies
- Validate business data objects to be used by semantic data models for accuracy and completeness
- Analyze semantic model related system integration challenges in Power BI and propose appropriate solutions
- Guide System Analysts, Engineers, Programmers and others on semantic model limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Examine new data models design and recommend best practices for improving efficiency and performance
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy.
- Power BI developer and data modeling experience of 5+ years on cloud platforms (pref. Google Cloud Platform)
- Proven expertise in writing DAX expressions to support business use cases
- Proven work experience on different data modeling techniques for data warehousing - 3NF, Dimensional, hybrid etc. with positive outcomes w.r.t speed, accuracy and performance of data
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts (Star Schema, Galaxy Schema, Natural keys, Composite Keys, Surrogate Keys and Type 2 Dimensions)
- Good experience of working with globally distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across variety of stakeholders, ability to negotiate with and influence others
- Microsoft Power BI certifications or other related certifications or workshops
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience implementing Power BI dashboards
- 4+ years of PowerQuery data modeling experience and DAX language expertise
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
608 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6207, United States of America