What you'll do...
Our team, Nova OMS, builds solutions for order management systems which handle inbound purchase orders from automated replenishment orders or through a user application that allows for manual purchase order creation and maintenance. The Order Management application interacts with various systems such as B2B to send the purchase orders to the vendors/suppliers, Scheduler to assign appointment deliveries, Transportation Management System (TMS) for booking of carriers and Logistics’ Warehouse Management system (WMS) for receiving of orders in our distribution centers and Accounts Payable (AP) for vendor payments.
Our team encourages innovation with a mission to provide excellent customer service by investing in talent and high-performing team members who are passionate about delivering order management solutions that meet Walmart & Sam’s Club business needs.
- Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design by
- partnering with the product management, project management, business, and user experience teams.
- Manages small to large-sized complex projects by
- reviewing project requirements.
- translating requirements into technical solutions.
- researching and identifying alternative solutions.
- determining needed solution based on return on investment and value add to the business.
- gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames)
- writing and developing code.
- conducting unit testing.
- communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders.
- collaborating with project team and cross functional teams.
- identifying areas of opportunity; interpreting information and identifying a solution.
- ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use.
- troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes.
- and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
SUPPORT TO BUSINESS AND CUSTOMERS
- Provides support to the business and customers by
- responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies)
- researching and identifying needed solutions.
- determining implementation designs.
- providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems.
- identifying short- and long-term solutions; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of associate's domain.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by
- gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause);
- performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues.
- engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues as needed
- developing solutions.
- driving the development of an action plan.
- performing actions as designated in the plan.
- interpreting the results to determine further action; and
- completing online documentation.
LEADERSHIP, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERTISE
- Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving pertinent documents, directions, examples, and timeline.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by
- providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices
- supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs
- building commitment for perspectives and rationales
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by
- incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans
- using the Open-Door Policy
- demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices
- Experience with developing services in Java
- Experience with cloud platform is preferred
- Experience with Github, Spring boot and database queries
- Experience with JIRA and scrum methodologies
- Having experience in software development in cloud environments is a big plus
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America