What you'll do...
What you’ll do at Sam’s Club
At Sam’s Club, we’re committed to being the membership you love the most. The Sam's Club Product team crafts compelling experiences wherever we meet our members and associates—from our clubs, to their businesses, and to their homes. We creatively deliver impact for the web, apps, in-club experiences and associate-facing tools.
This Director, Product Management is responsible for leading digital initiatives that transform the experience for Sam's Club's members and associates. Scope of responsibility includes automotive service centers, pharmacies, optical centers, human resources (associate boarding/training), real estate (facilities/asset maintenance) and in-app shared services. The role sits at the intersection of Operations, UX Design, Engineering and has ownership of the entire product lifecycle.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You are passionate about creating a best-in-class associate tools.
- You are excited to learn about and help build advance technologies like AI and ML.
- You have experience creating product roadmaps and developing success metrics.
- You are passionate about leading high performing teams to their full potential.
- You have experience working cross functionally with business, UX, engineering and data science partners.
- You are a strategic thinker, able to synthesize data from multiple sources (including analytics, user research, operations research, and design) to identify key unmet needs and solutions that can address needs.
- You are data-driven and analytical to draw insights from current product performance to deliver on key user metrics.
- You have the ability to work with large number of teams to make the vision of the product successful.
- You are able to translate product strategy into detailed specifications, making functional and user interface design tradeoffs, managing product launches and owning the product successes post-launch.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Developing and enhancing products – you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
- Defining vision and strategies for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
- Crafting and developing solutions to large business challenges – communicate business and customer needs to key partners to implement products and timelines
- Driving business plans and projects by identifying the customer and operational needs of the product
- Building a team environment by selecting, training, and mentoring
- Evaluating the effectiveness of your products and initiatives to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness with participating stakeholders
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, or related field and 6 years’ experience in
product management or related field OR 8 years’ experience in product management or related field.
2 years' experience building and leading high performing teams.
4 years' experience leading cross-functional teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Building and leading high performing teams, Consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis, Gathering, identifying, defining, and communicating requirements., Leading product or solution development, Proven track record of successful product creation with measurable and significant business impact
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America