What you'll do...
People Technology is on a mission to digitally revolutionize the associate experience for over 2 million associates. Building a composite experience by expanding the Me@Walmart mobile app to be a one stop shop for our associates HR needs (Payroll, Compensation, Benefits, Learning, etc.). In this role you will partner with People Product and lead a team/s Java and React Native developers to build seemingly simple yet complex and AI driven Payroll features on Me@Walmart for all associates. Similarly, you will transform Manager experience and Payroll Manager experience. This will be done thru building API enabled React / React Native front ends to deliver new reimagined, singular experiences for both Managers and Payroll Managers.
You’ll sweep us off our feet with…
- Experience building consumer grade mobile apps and websites
- Spring Boot
- React / React Native
- Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; directing and reviewing design artifacts (for example, proof of concepts, prototypes); writing and developing code; overseeing software design; reviewing unit test cases; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; directing project team and cross functional teams; enhancing design to prevent reoccurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- Leads the work of cross-functional groups of ten to twenty engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short-term and long-term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions; implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); directing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; directing root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and reviewing and approving online documentation.
- Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities and drive resolution; partnering with business to define priorities; identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design by partnering with the Product Management, Web Operations, Project Management, Business and User Experience teams; obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction toothers in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness;
and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America