What you'll do...
As a part of the Intl. Emerging Tech Team, you will work with world class engineers, POs and designers to solve problems in various parts of the business (merchandising, supply chain, store operations, eCom etc.) using emerging tech systems. You will think constantly about the potential futures, the implications for Walmart, and the right technology. And then you will build/implement it! You will build industry defining reusable customer and partner facing services and products to drive differentiated experiences and revenue. You will be in the unique position to be of service to both our customers and our associates as a member of this organization supporting all international segments of Walmart. If you are the type of person who feels a personal stake in everything that you work on, has a strong sense of ownership, has a love for solving complex problems, has a passion for emerging technology, knows how to foster strong relationships and build trust, and works for the success of the entire team - then our Sr. Manager I, Software Engineering – International Emerging Tech could be for you. The ideal candidate will have a breadth of technical knowledge in AI, Robotics, AR, VR, IoT, will be a continuous learner/builder and a mentor to other technical associates.
What you'll do...
Lead the work of cross-functional groups of ten to twenty engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples. Responsible for identifying short and long term solutions and timeline, reviewing and approving proposed solutions, implementing new architectural patterns, and performing design and code reviews of changes.
Direct root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality,possible root cause), directing actions as designated in the plan, interpreting the results to determine further action, directing root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues, and reviewing and approving online documentation.
- Lead and direct in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements
- Translating requirements into technical solutions; directing and reviewing design artifacts (for example, proof of concepts, prototypes)
- Writing and developing code
- Overseeing software design
- Reviewing unit test cases
- Communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders
- Directing project team and cross functional teams
- Enhancing design to prevent reoccurrences of defects
- Ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs
- Interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan and providing leadership to the project team.
- Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities and drive resolution, partnering with business to define priorities, identifying short- and long-term solutions, and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design by partnering with the Product Management, Web Operations, Project Management, Business and User Experience teams.
- Responsible for obtaining cross-function approvals, driving proof-of-concept, and implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
What you'll bring...
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs, developing and communicating business plans and priorities, removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance
- Providing resources, identifying performance standards, measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly
- Developing contingency plans and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training, mentoring, assigning duties, building a team-based work environment
- Establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards;
- Coaching for success and improvement, and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application
- Ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders
- Soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness
Live our Values
- Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable, and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability
- Maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
- Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
- Embrace Change
Curiosity & Courage
- Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking, and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
- Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
- Customer Focus
- Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
- Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
- Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
- Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
- Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America