What you'll do...
- Builds technology roadmaps which are incorporated into system platforms by working with subject matter experts; collaborating with technical experts and Architects; coordinating the evaluation of Customer and supplier solutions; reviewing and presenting recommendations relative to Customer and supplier solutions and services; and researching and presenting information about new technologies.
- Coordinates system changes with Customers and other system areas by ensuring testing and validation; overseeing upgrades and release schedules for products; evaluating the environment; representing the area on divisional councils; and reviewing changes before and after production installations.
- Ensures Customer service levels by aligning Customer needs with supplier and infrastructure team capabilities; driving issue resolution to root cause; driving Customers and suppliers to resolve issues related to products in accordance with service level agreements; ensuring issues are documented; leading escalation procedures; and managing Customer expectations.
- Leads team tasks by making assignments to team members; reporting updates on projects; tracking and reporting time spent on projects; substituting for manager in manager's absence (for example, leading team meetings); assisting in the resolution of team conflicts; developing written and oral presentations for diverse audiences (for example, management, customers, suppliers, technical staff); participating in budgeting for the team (for example, acquire supplier maintenance quotes, resource projections, create capital expenditure request (CER)); holding team members accountable for compliance with standards; and recognizing team accomplishments.
- Leads the development of system solutions, within the guidelines identified in the Information Systems Development Life Cycle (ISDLC), that have high availability and scalability consistent with Customer needs by setting technical direction; collaborating with technical experts and architects; ensuring requirements are met to support implementations; ensuring development of system documentation; and leading solution reviews.
- Mentors and develops Associates by assigning specific work to develop particular knowledge areas; helping Associates with technical competencies; teaching technologies through informal and formal mentorship both inside and outside the team; providing technical expertise through multiple methods (for example, town halls, classrooms, collaboration sites); and providing subject matter expertise for applications and infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
As a part of the Workforce Management team, you will be responsible for configuration design, implementation and support of our Workforce Management solutions and core functionality that meets the specific requirements and exceeds the business requests. Leveraging industry best practice and expertise you will benchmark current process’ and offer sound solutions on appropriate business improvements while supporting the business.
Using previous implementation experience you will also be able to assist and guide customers through the change management process. You will be accountable for requirements analysis, configuration, testing, training and deployment of the solution through to go live support, ensuring that all aspects delivered meet quality standards.
- Translating business requests for Workforce Management configuration changes into specific requirements
- Identify specific requirements and map functionality ensuring any non-standard functional specifications are identified, logged and escalated where appropriate
- Document any development or integration requirements from business requests and ensure hand-off and understanding to appropriate product owner
- Assist with project management including updating the plan, tracking timelines, escalating risks and facilitating workshops and meetings
- Assisting with design and delivery of the configuration changes for Workforce Management
- Documentation of configuration, changes and traceability of business requests up until implementation and validation in production
- Manage any issues, identify causes and escalating where appropriate
- When necessary, support of the Workforce Management solutions during issues.
- Monitor and support jobs and processes of the Workforce Management solution to ensure complete and accurate processing and taking any necessary actions to resolve issues.
- Create and maintain documentation for all configured elements
- Support with functional testing and end-to-end acceptance testing escalating any failures and identifying causes and resolving issues as necessary
- Support implementation and rollout of changes
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience
- Ideally at least 3-5 years relevant work experience in a Business/Systems Analyst on Technology Projects
- Experience working within an Agile development lifecycle
- Retail experience preferred (eg Store/Supply Chain Systems/Operations)
- Have previous experience within a WFM project role, vendor selection, design, build, test and rollout phases of a project
- Experience in writing and executing software test plans
- Experience working in complex business environments and on high-pressure, fast-paced projects in a collaborative team setting
- Workforce Management implementation experience is preferred
- HR Systems experience is preferred
- Detailed knowledge of labor management/demand is preferred
- Experience of interfacing to other systems is preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and solid understanding of systems implementations
- Configuration of Workforce Management Systems
- Presenting to a large group of individuals at different levels and dealing with clients face-to-face on a regular basis
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work well on your own
- Basic understanding of databases
- Full project lifecycle from design to support
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite and Window
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field and 2 years’ experience in industrial engineering, supply chain, or related area OR 4 years’
experience in industrial engineering, supply chain, or related area
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Engineering General
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America