This is a place where personal and professional growth happens. A place where tech-forward careers don’t equate to fast burnout or self-serving advancement. As a Staff Product Manager, you’ll work as a team, grow as a team, leveraging your natural curiosity and inventive problem-solving talents to anticipate the needs of our associates to make their lives easier as they walk in the door every day to serve our members. In turn, we give you access to the tools and support you need to be the best version of you. This is that place. This is Walmart.
As the newest member of the In-Club Product Management team, you can expect to turn a large business challenge into a solution to create novel products. You’ll be pioneering technologies that reinvent the customer and associate experience, new ways of working, and new ways of shopping such as shelf-scanning robots, autonomous driving delivery vehicles, the Walmart mobile app, online grocery experience, Pickup towers, Delivery Unlimited, to apps that fill a shopping cart.
A natural leader, you will act as the leader of a cross-functional team consisting of Product, Business Strategy, Tech, UX, Engineering, and Data Scientists to solve these monumental problems on a global scale. At the end of the day, you’ll be making an impact on the over 275 million customers we serve every single week across 11,000 stores in 27 countries.
As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of shopping. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Staff Product Manager role at Walmart could be the fit you’ve been looking for. This is that place.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
· You have product mindset and are passionate about retail, operations, user experience, and analytics.
· You are a strategic thinker and able to synthesize data from multiple sources (including analytics, user research, operations research) to identify key unmet needs and solutions that can address the needs.
· You have the ability to work with large number of teams to bring a vision to life
· You are able to translate product strategy into detailed specifications, making functional and user interface design tradeoffs, managing product launches and owning the product successes post-launch.
· You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your product
You’ll make an impact by:
· Developing and enhancing products – you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
· Defining vision and strategies for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
· Crafting and developing solutions to large business challenges – communicate business and customer needs to key partners to implement products and timelines
What’s the role?
This role is in the Sam’s Club Product Management organization within Walmart. The Staff Product Manager will be responsible for defining the vision of how the Clubs (stores) of the future will be run and executing on that vision. The role is a good mix of strategy and product. It requires one to get in to the shoes of associates running the Club to understand what will it take (information, knowledge etc.) to empower them so that they can do their jobs more effectively and help our members have the best experience.
Primary Job responsibilities
We are seeking a Staff Product Manager, who is passionate about building tools/apps for making Associates’ lives easier. The person in this role will be a leader in developing consumer grade apps, working closely with user design and research, operation business partners and machine learning team to solve the key problems on the retail floor.
Sam’s Club is one of the few retailers leading the way in empowering associates so that they can focus on most value adding tasks at the right time. The candidate will need to work with a large number of teams within Walmart to make the vision of the product successful, so building close, effective relationships with partner Product Managers and other cross-functional teams – business, engineering, design, research, and analytics, and data science - will be critical
· In addition, this person will translate product strategy into detailed specifications, make functional and user interface design tradeoffs, manage product launches and own the product successes post-launch. Having the experience and ability to write clear, consistent and detailed product specs will be essential.
· The candidate must be a strategic thinker and able to synthesize data from multiple sources (including analytics, user research, marketing research, and design) to identify key customer unmet needs and solutions that can address the needs.
· Crafts and develops solutions to business challenges by communicating requirements to key partners (for example, Business leaders, User Experience, Engineering, Analytics); and engaging with key partners to deliver and support initiatives; and communicating status and insights related to product performance.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor of Science and 5 years' product management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' product management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.