• 3-5 years of experience designing and implementing scalable systems using JVM-based technology stack.
• 3-5 years of experience with messaging technologies and/or ETL frameworks.
• Experience implementing automation testing.
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
• Experience with application/infrastructure monitoring tools such as Splunk/Dynatrace stack
• Experience using Relational Databases like MySQL or Oracle
• Experience building applications and storing complex data across NoSQL data platforms like Cassandra
• Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with Agile and Scrum Methodologies
• Understanding micro-service architecture and domain driven approach
• Experience with Messaging tools like Kafka or ApacheMQ
• Experience of delivering and supporting a large scale production system
• Experience working with logging and application monitoring stack: Splunk, Grafana etc.
• Experience working with docker containers and container orchestration basics (Docker, Kubernetes/Docker Swarm)
• Good communication skills, working in multi-team project
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
About Walmart Labs
Imagine working in an environment where one experiment can catapult an entire industry toward a smarter future. That’s what we do at Walmart Labs. We’re a team of 5,000+ software engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and our enterprise operates.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Computer ScienceEnglish