Enhances the network security infrastructure by monitoring network performance via available network tools; writing change control installation plans; assisting in transforming customer needs into security solutions that deliver business value while improving security; installing network security infrastructure; assisting team members with changes; leading suppliers and team members in reviewing system performance; identifying and recommending improvements to network alerts and monitors; recommending, documenting, and implementing improvements; assisting in network security design; engaging suppliers to drive security solutions for the business; assessing potential network security issues and identifying solutions; and conducting audits on network rules, alerts, and monitors on a scheduled basis.
Develops and implements security system designs and products that have high availability and scalability consistent with company needs by assisting Technical Experts and Senior Systems Engineers in setting technical direction; contributing to technology roadmaps; gathering and developing requirements to support new security system implementations; evaluating supplier products; making recommendations relative to security products and services; understanding the relationship between departmental standards and technical decisions; researching and presenting information about new technologies; developing design references; participating in design reviews; and ensuring compliance with information technology governance standards.
Leads resolution of security system issues (for example, configuration and management of security systems, spam filtering, access management) by troubleshooting and diagnosing issues through root cause analysis; identifying trends and taking corrective action to address performance problems; creating reports and actionable metrics for security system products; supporting large-scale, cross-department production issues; resolving support problems in a timely manner; providing updates to customers, project leads, and management team on problem resolution status; and driving supplier participation during problem resolution.
Manages project deliverables by delivering assigned tasks; delegating tasks as appropriate; ensuring the completion of assigned tasks; managing groups of tasks associated with large initiatives; completing and reviewing documentation in accordance with established guidelines; sharing knowledge and best practices with team members; participating in and leading meetings; and communicating tasks to stakeholders (for example, customers, leadership, peers, third-party providers) as appropriate.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 7 years OR 4 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 7 years.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certified Intrusion analyst (GCIAs), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), Windows/Linux certification, and/or Security+ certification, Designing, leading, and implementing technology projects., Designing technical solutions in response to customer requests or changes, One of the following scripting/programming languages: Python, Perl, Powershell, VB Script, Ruby, PHP, Bash, C, C++, C#, or .Net, Production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations, Troubleshooting security infrastructure problems