What you'll do at Walmart Global Tech
The Omni Assortment Tools engineering team develops solutions that enables localized, space accurate assortment powered by big data and analytics. Our team is agile and cloud-native. We learn from each other every day. We have a continuous improvement culture and are looking to grow our team with individuals who take pride in their craft and are ready to grow in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
As a Software Engineer 3, you will:
• Work with small teams of talented engineers to build a best-in-class solutions
• Participate in the discovery phase to come up with high level design
• Collaborate with team members to influence the architecture and design of software and help bring quality into the design of the product
• Be given the freedom to try new things, prove the value of your own ideas and innovations, and own them all the way to production
• Create and maintain test suites for functional, regression, acceptance and UAT testing
• Responsible for functional, integration, data integrity and regression in order to ensure quality of code before releasing to production
• Participate in internal hackathons and innovation challenges!
• Stay updated on the latest technologies both in the company and industry and be able to utilize them to good effect
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
• Enthusiasm, curiosity, energy, perseverance and the desire to solve big problems
• Ability to work in a results-oriented, rapidly changing, dynamic and fast-paced environment and the ability to learn and adapt to new technology quickly
• Excellent written communication and follow-up skills
• Experience in agile delivery, as well as DevOps.
• Experience with functional, regression, performance and stress testing
- Experience with enhancing automated tests in CI/CD pipelines
• 1 year s experience designing technical solutions in response to customer requests or changes in retail business.
• 2 years experience designing, leading, and implementing technology projects.
• 2 years experience in production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations.
• 2 years experience troubleshooting network infrastructure problems.
Must have experience with...
- Relational databases
- Ability to work in cloud computing environment (infrastructure, storage, platforms and/or data)
Nice to have experience with...
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Computer Science