TEKsystems is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to support our customer, a Fortune 50 company, here in Bentonville, AR. You will have the opportunity to work on many exciting projects that consist of some of the most innovative technologies in the industry. This position is a 6 month contract to hire and you must have excellent communication skills.
Top Three Skills:
1. Must have a strong understanding of virtualization and cloud technologies utilizing core technologies including IPMI, MaaS, Cobbler, DNS, DHCP, VPC, Network Stack, CICD.
2. Excellent skills in coding and integrating solutions, open source software, RestFul APIs and programmatic API interfaces. Python , Java , Bash.
3. Expert level knowledge using configuration management tools such as , Ansible, Python, Puppet, Chef etc.
4. Excellent technical skills in designing Linux solutions, system configuration, and system administration
Primary job responsibilities:
• Serve as the subject matter expert at the client site, addressing the technical, developmental, or strategic IT needs
• Manage problem identification, system architecture definition, software specification and design, testing, and deployment of complex open source solutions when required
• Adapt to changing customer requirements
• Assist Sales Team with solutions for customer requirements.
• Work with a team of Agile developers to create custom scalable solutions.
Required skills :
• Coding experience with team of developers. Required Python and Bash experience
• Advanced communication and interpersonal skills to communicate value, progress, and metrics of key projects to a diverse audience of stakeholders
• Ability to constantly learn about new technologies and apply those concepts to customers' needs
• 4+ years of experience in a consulting delivery role; 1+ year(s) focused on automated environments and their supporting infrastructures
• Expert-level of knowledge in either cloud networking (SDN) and storage (object and block) disciplines and DevOps models and technologies
• Nice to have :Agile Methodology background, Java, Database experience.