TEKsystems is currently seeking a Linux/Windows Build Engineer to join a fast growing team here in Bentonville, AR. In this role you will be working with one of the largest IT environments in the world and will get exposure to some of the most innovative projects and technologies current in our industry.
- Migration, Build and Deployment of Windows and Linux virtualized servers
- Serve as the subject matter expert at the client site for execution of system builds, migrations, optimizations of large virtual enterprise environment
- Assess, advise, and build automation solutions to effect improved IT performance and cost
- Adapt to changing customer requirements
- Assist Sales Team with solutions for customer requirements.
- VMware vSphere 5.0 & 5.5 and above administration skills
- Knowledge on building, implementing, and supporting Windows and Linux operating systems that support a diverse set of enterprise applications and functions.
- Good knowledge of VMware products: VMware Infrastructure 3.5 / vSphere 4, Virtual Center / vCenter Server
- P2V, V2V and P2P migrations using VMware Converter and/or Platespin Suite.
- Knowledge n coding and integrating solutions, open source software, RestFul APIs and programmatic API interfaces. Python , Java , Bash.
- Knowledge using configuration management tools such as , Ansible, Python, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to communicate value, progress, and metrics of key projects to a diverse audience of stakeholders
- Ability to constantly learn about new technologies and apply those concepts to customers' needs
- Experience in large enterprise IT environments
- Nice to have :Agile Methodology background, Java, Database experience.
- VCB and VMware Data Recovery knowledge will be an additional plus.