Title - DevOps Manager/Engineer
Location - Little Rock, AR
Duration - Fulltime/Long term
eSystems is seeking an experienced, hands-on DevOps Manager to join the Operations team in Little Rock, AR. The Operations team is responsible for is responsible for the day-to-day operations of client Projects. This hands-on position has general management responsibility for the successful, continuous operations of our services including the development of the automation that supports the management, monitoring, reporting, troubleshooting and repair of environments. Responsibilities include SLA management, personnel and operations management and ongoing service improvement initiatives. This position manages a professional, highly skilled staff.
Build and lead a team of DevOps engineers to transform our client's processes to a consistent approach across all our application teams. Focus on DevOps processes and tools supporting agile application development teams leading to continuous integration, test, and deploy methods, including zero downtime releases. Define or re-define solutions, implement, and move application teams to these improved processes and tools. The end result will be improved quality of application releases, better coordination for application dependencies during test and release cycles, and an improved experience for our clients.
- Build and manage a team of DevOps Engineers, acting as a consultative resource for our application teams to provide technical guidance, standards, knowledge and understanding of DevOps processes
- Infrastructure Support, Deployment and support
- Define DevOps best practices for our application teams and assist them in engaging these processes, for continuous improvement of application QA, and deployments.
- Ownership and support of supporting configuration management and deployment automation tools, including Jenkins, Jira, and Rational Tools.
- Assist in implementation of security best practices and initiatives at all levels of the CI / CD processes.
- The DevOps team will engage as third level engineering support for incidents, engaging our application teams, Testing teams, and third parties as necessary for troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Ensure maximum uptime of environments, including production, staging, testing, authoring, and development environments.
- Keep up to date with developments in the e-Learning, technology, and DevOps fields through educational and other information resources and make our team aware of possible applications for new technologies and methods.
- Troubleshooting and resolving escalated issues
- Participation in an on-call rotation and be available 24x7 in an escalation capacity
Required skills and knowledge:
- At least 7-10+ years’ experience with system engineering in a Infrastructure or Highly Available Hosting Environment
- Have 2-3 years of DevOps-like work or experience in a real time operational processing environment
- At least 4 years’ experience managing technical teams (system, application, and database engineers)
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Experience with configuration management. You have managed an infrastructure with hundreds or thousands of servers using deployment frameworks such as Puppet, Perforce, Jenkins, etc.
- Ability to write code. You use automation to make your job more efficient (Ruby, Python, Java shell and power shell scripting etc.)
- In-depth understanding of web operations best practices. You’ve operated websites at scale for years.
- Experience working with IBM Websphere Application Server.
- Must possess experience designing, building, maintaining, migrating, tuning, administering, supporting, and problem solving in server environments, working collaboratively with applications, database and systems teams to resolve problems.
- Solid communicator with great customer service skills