Are you a current Data Analyst running reports & creating dashboards wanting to take your career to the next level as a Data Scientist? If you have a solid understanding within Mathematics & Statistics with basic programming skills and interested in using AI, Automation & Machine Learning, we want to talk to you!
ACDS is helping our company partner to add 10 Junior Data Science Apprentices to their team in Northwest Arkansas. This is a great mid seniority-level job opportunity to help expand your analytical and technical skills in Data Science. The employer is a Fortune 50 retailer with global presence offers stellar benefits (medical, vision & dental), company paid life insurance and stock options.
- Support the identification of the most suitable source for data and propose simple models by developing initial drafts.
- Conduct exploratory data analysis activities (for example, basic statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, statistical inferences).
- Define and finalize features based on model responses and introduce new or revised features to enhance the analysis and outcomes.
- Perform trend and cluster analysis to answer practical business problems and provide recommendations and key insights to the business.
- Write, test, and maintain code to develop the required solution and application features by using the recommended programming language and leveraging business, technical, and data requirements.
- Translate business problems to data related or mathematical solutions. Identify what methods (for example, analytics, big data analytics, automation) would provide a solution for the problem.
- Generate appropriate graphical representations of data and model outcomes under guidance.
Note: Duties & tools will vary based on specific department
What's a successful candidate look like?
- Exposure to data science, machine learning, optimization models, operations research, statistics, applied mathematics, or econometrics
- Self-taught or data manipulation project experience from school using Python, Spark, Scala, or R
- Intermediate to advanced level MS Excel
- Exposure to Data Visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Experience with open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
- Ability to work in the United States without a current or future need for sponsorship
- Must have completed 4 year college degree or equivalent military experience; Data Analytics related certification or work experience may be substituted
- Currently located in Northwest Arkansas or ability to quickly relocate if hired
- Work standard business hours of 8-5 Monday thru Friday; 40 hour work week