Are you starting your IT career and looking for your first real-world position? Have you been your family’s go to IT Technician or maybe you've built your own home network and firewall set up? ACDS is growing our successful Work Based Learning Internship program and would love to talk to you!
What is an internship? An internship is a chance for you to put your IT Training to use and work with real IT professionals! (oh, and get paid!)
We have partnered with IT companies across the state of Arkansas to offer opportunities in Web Development and IT Operations positions (Cyber, Help Desk, Networking).
These positions look a little different than a typical college internship; positions are filled based on employer demand and timing, and are designed to roll into full time apprenticeships after the 3-6 month internship.
What will you do? You will work on a real IT project and have a professional mentor along the way.
- Manage service requests, ensuring all tickets are properly prioritized and addressed according to SLA. Communicates, coordinates, and follows-up with all involved stakeholders
- Answer inbound phone calls, emails, and or chats
- Provide end user IT support and training
- Provide consulting to clients on applications, best practices, and general computing processes
- Perform basic administration, installation, troubleshooting, and support: Windows Client Operating Systems, Mac OS, iOS, Backup Systems, RMM Systems, Multi-layer cybersecurity solutions, Data storage, AWS, Azure, Office 365, Google Apps, Microsoft Server Technologies, Virtualization technologies, LAN/WAN/Wireless networks, Unified communication systems
- Create and update documentation
- Pay: $15-20/hour, depending on experience
- Schedule: Typically 8-5 Monday-Friday, but can often be flexible, maintaining a 40 hour work week
- Timeline: 3-6 months
- Location: Most of our internship opportunities are in person. This opportunity is in Central Arkansas, but can be remote for the right person.
Then what? Let’s keep growing your career! There could be a chance for a full time offer as a result of the internship experience. If not, you'll have GREAT real life IT work experience and will grow your IT network to help you on your job search. Our ACDS Talent Team will still be here for you, connecting you with other employers seeing full time or apprenticeship candidates.
Who Should Apply?
- Recent (or soon-to-be) graduates in one of the following: Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or other IT related program
- Self-taught individuals passionate about a career in IT
- Anyone currently employed and looking for a career change into Technology
- Service members within 6 months of military-to-civilian transition
- Probably you, if you’re still reading…
Our Must Haves:
- Ability to work in the United States without a current or future need for visa sponsorship
- Current Arkansas state resident
- High curiosity and interest in learning new technologies and growing or starting your IT career
- Exhibited technical aptitude through projects or previous experience and ability to communicate what you know
How does the interview process work? ACDS will conduct an initial phone interview and assessment. ACDS will send selected resumes to companies that match the candidate’s skills and interest. Our employer partners will decide who to interview and select final candidates for the internship program.