What is the Business Process Engineering Team?
Dillard’s Business Process Engineering team commonly deals with three scenarios coming from internal decision makers:
We want to do this – make it happen,”
Why is this failing – make it better,”
How does this work – research and vet it.”
Who are we looking for?
Our team engages in a number of projects focusing on efficiencies and cost savings in our supply chain and store environment. This position will require time onsite at our fulfillment center, distribution centers, and store locations, looking into processes and finding areas of improvement in partnership with management and engineering teams. You should enjoy research and analyzing data, and be comfortable with presenting findings and suggesting potential solutions.
What will you do?
This position will combine skills in process engineering and data analysis. You will need skills with existing tools and methodologies, while being open to learn new things and research new technologies and solutions.
- Monitoring picking and packaging efficiency in warehouses and stores, highlighting problems, and recommend ways to improve.
- Determining process improvement throughout the warehouses and stores through the use of time studies and efficiency data.
- Researching project ideas and theories from other teams and present findings and results.
- Compile research data and summarize through the use of visual tables, charts, and graphs.
- Assisting with materials handling layout and design.
- 4 year degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience in supply chain and/or process engineering.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to work onsite at our Corporate Headquarters in Little Rock, AR with periodic onsite work at our Fulfillment Center in Maumelle, AR and other Distribution Centers.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word, Power Point, & Visio).
- Experience with databases, such as DB2, Teradata, and moderate to advanced SQL knowledge desired.
- Experience creating and updating layouts using AutoCAD.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Project Management experience.
- The ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, both in a team setting and independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
Employer Job Listing Link