Position Summary...What you'll do...
Walmart's mission is to innovate on retail with new technologies, to revolutionize how Walmart approaches digital commerce, and to deliver with speed and agility.
We are looking for a hands-on, results-oriented Tech Senior Product Managers to join our Global Tech Product Management team. You will contribute to drive products within the IMS (Inventory Management System)
space and create world-class omni-channel experience for our customers, enabling them to save money and time so they can live better.What You'll Do At 'Walmart International' 'Omni-Channel Transportation First and Middle Mile' Product Team:
- Walmart International:
- It is important to understand that "Walmart International" as a group is responsible for covering Walmart's businesses spanning over 46 banners in 24 countries outside United States
- In majority of these countries Walmart has a store for every 100,000 of the local population covering 90% of the population within 10 mile radius of a Walmart Store
- With such proximity of our customers to our Stores, we are better placed that any other competitor to enable timely delivery of grocery and general merchandize to our customers based on KPIs like on-time delivery and a great customer experience
- Inventory Management:
- Inventory Management is our solution to provide the availability of our inventory to offer our customers the inventory that they search in our eCommerce platforms
- We fulfill our customers demand and optimize our network to deliver orders in a cost-effective manner
- What you'll do:
- To keep Walmart's International brands competitive across the globe, you would lead our Product strategy to develop innovative solutions to optimize our inventory availability across all our network
- You will collaborate with all Walmart Global Tech teams to enable solutions to leverage across all our international markets for our Inventory Management area
Minimum education and experience required:
- As a Senior Product Manager, you collaborate in growth opportunities that cut across multiple products and technical domains
- You will be expected to collaborate in the first line on high-visibility initiates that influence high-priority KPIs of the markets. You would partner with the Staff Product Managers for establishing the vision for cross-functional teams to provides roadmap objectives
- You will need to establish yourself as a domain expert and proactively drive innovation in your area of ownership. As a Product Management Leader, you will be required to drive the thought leadership of your peers and leaders across multiple domains
- You will actively collaborate, maintain, and continuously refine the product roadmap and strategy by reviewing our current capabilities to our future requirements based on technology trends in the Inventory Management area
- Drive the product discovery for complex technical projects, translate strategic priorities into product roadmaps, and document functional and technical specifications.
- Define, measure, and create visibility into Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) using various data sources like stores, fulfillment centers, order management system, inventory management system, and customer behavior
- Analyze capabilities, performance, and technical designs of in-house and external tools to influence build, leverage, and buy decisions and strengthen the supply chain area.
- Work with software engineering teams to develop multiple new technologies and technical project plans with many tiers or phases that require large scale organizational changes (i.e., new stores, fulfillment centers, sortation centers, site redesigns, migrations to new platforms and capabilities, etc.)
- Support the design and development of supply chain applications and internal tools using open-source technology and leveraging machine learning and optimization algorithms
- Translate product roadmaps into detailed use cases, process flows, and user stories for the engineering team
- Work with business and operational stakeholders on scope tradeoff decisions, change management for product rollouts, and user acceptance testing.
- Monitor the progress and impact created by a new product or capability using various methods such as A/B testing and multivariate testing and using tools such as SQL, Google Analytics, Tableau, and R Studio to capitalize on improvement opportunities based on new learnings.
- This position does not supervise employees
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, Engineering (any), or related field and 2 years of experience in product management, business consulting, or related field; OR Master's degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, Engineering (any), or related field and 1 year of experience in product management, business consulting, or related field.
About Global Tech:
- Experience in "Supply Chain"/ "Inventory Management"/ "Retail" domain and/or technologies would be given preference
- Experience collaborating on product roadmaps, creating value-based release strategies, scope slicing, and breaking down complex products into prioritized backlogs for engineering teams in JIRA.
- Experience building products using Agile Methodology Methodologies: SAFe, Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience taking products from ideation, piloting the products using multivariate testing and A/B testing, and leading full-scale launches and rollouts of the products.
- Experience driving process changes and change management by ensuring critical business issues and core product strategies are addressed in product decisions.
- Experience using the following analytics and reporting tools: Google Analytics, Tableau, SQL, Splunk, and R Studio.
- This role would involve working with Walmart's International Markets. Therefore, candidates with demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into product requirements between "Spanish and English" or "Chinese and English", for the ease of business and engineering stakeholders, would be given preference.
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption .
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 5 years' product management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' product management experience. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Primary Location...
805 SE Moberly Ln, Bentonville, AR 72716, United States of America