Position Summary...What you'll do...
Working at Sam's Club means a career without boundaries. There's always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work. Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you'll quickly find that we're a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam's Club is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
As a Software Engineer III
, you'll spend your days translating requirements into solutions, writing code, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and providing us with the insights necessary to think beyond the status quo. You'll oversee small project teams consisting of other engineers who will look to you as a trusted advisor, a subject matter expert who provides guidance and the right tools to get the job done. You'll be responsible for evaluating large amounts of data as part of the ongoing effort to optimize processes and delivery protocols. You'll operate as a trusted advisor as it relates to efficiencies and best practices. As a member of our team, you'll be able to say that you work for the world's largest retailer and contribute to the development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.What you will do:
You'll really wow us if...
- Code/Script in one of the languages (C#, Python and Java) in a SOA echo system.
- Work on creating test harness and enabling engineering productivity for SOA Application,
- Distributed Architecture and Cloud-Base Services
- Work on one of the clustering software like Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Ansible, Mesos
- Enabling software test and execution on Dockized containers
- Create and maintain continuous delivery and deployment pipelines
- Work on enabling Logging (various levels) and enhance them to use log for alerting and monitoring
- Independently own and address and resolve applications issues, provide updates and perform root cause analysis.
- Plan, execute and implement applications and configuration change procedures
- Supervise all alerts related to application and system procedures and provide services proactively.
You'll make an impact by...
- You can design and develop/set-up monitoring and alerting tools. mechanism to identify issues proactively and increase engineering productivity.
- Your ability to rise above group think and see beyond the here and now is matched only by your intellectual curiosity.
- You possess multiple years of experience with React.
- You effectively align your work with enterprise-objectives and deliver measurable results that impact the bottom-line.
- You're comfortable working in an agile environment, working collaboratively, and able to work autonomously.
- You position yourself as a thoughtful and proactive partner to your colleagues and stakeholders.
- You utilize your knowledge of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, and patterns) to create a best-in-class user experience.
- You consider yourself to be a student of the world who thrives in an ever-changing environment that holds within it new challenges and chances to prove your expertise.
- You coordinate across teams and resolve all complex application and system issues ranging in complexity (Low to Critical)
- You coordinate with Development departments and Quality Engineering departments and administer code migrations in various environments and production outputs.
- Gain and maintain expertise in flow of application process and systems related to domain
- Developing technologically advanced solutions that make a large-scale impact and optimize the end-user experience.
- Operating with a start-up mentality, bringing new ideas to the table, and inspiring those around you to do the same.
- Identifying areas of opportunity, determining solution designs, and providing guidance to system and process enhancements.
- Successfully translating requirements into technical solutions.
- Effectively translating requirements into project parameters while working with agility from cradle to grave.
- Helping cross-functional teams to solve for business problems and develop solutions that enable us to redefine a "best-in-class" customer experience.
- Encouraging the project teams that you oversee to work collaboratively and to aim for insight-driven outcomes.
- Follow standards and best practices to bring operational efficiencies, stability, and availability of the system
- Comprehend various metrics on operational dashboards and reports and take corrective actions
- Flexibility - responsibilities may require occasional evening and weekend work
- Maintain good professional relationships with counterparts of engineering, Platform support and end Users etc.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process .About the Team:
As a member of the of the Engineering group, you'll be responsible for evaluating large amounts of data as part of the ongoing effort to optimize processes and delivery protocols. You'll operate as a trusted advisor as it relates to efficiencies and best practices. As a senior member of the team, you'll be able to say that you work for the world's largest retailer and contribute to the development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.Who We Are:
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America