Position Summary...What you'll do...
You will be part of the Intl Data and Analytics team that majorly concentration on Data Consumption Applications and Tools. This team develops applications that cater to various needs of data consumers on both engineering and business side.
Currently we are working on a web application called Alchemist and API consumption layer that will cater to various data consumption needs. Alchemist is a "one stop shop" tool for all things International Data. At the core of Alchemist is a pipeline to the scheduling tool used by International Data and Analytics. With this connection we are able to automate a large portion of the documentation required to maintain workflows and jobs that fill the data lake. Alchemist is also home to a series of visualizations that provide insight to what data is currently in the lake, and is available to any user in the Walmart network. API consumption layer will helps users standardize KPIs and frequently access data points. Responsibilities:-
- Develop high quality backend applications
- Collaborate and execute major cross-platform executions as a team, or independently when needed
- Develop components and modules that add to the pool of re-usable, and platform capabilities for the teams.
- Document knowledge and processes specific to your work
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills in working with numerous internal teams and expand personal and team knowledge of new and upcoming products.
- Contribute to all phases of the development life cycle and write well-designed, testable, efficient code.
Optional but Nice to have:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in technical Solutions, design and development.
- Understanding of GraphQL concepts such as TypeDefs, SDL, Mutations, Network layers, Resolvers
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Experience using query languages and data pipelines
- Scripting experience: such as usage of grep, awk and sed
- Continuous Integration and Deployment Experience using DevOps tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of service testing tools such as Postman
- Experience with version control( Git) (Understanding of PR and review processes, commands, conflict resolution, reverts)
- Knowledge of Node.JS concepts (event loop, cluster, memory management)
- Experience with Node framework(s) like Hapi, Nest, Express, etc.
- TypeScript expertise.
- Java 8
- Springboot experience
- Swagger knowledge
- Maven knowledge
- Understanding of multi threading/threading behavior
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
- Multi cloud deployment and management experience
- Experience integrating monitoring and alerting
- Data persistence
- SQL (Sql Server)
- Document/Blob Storage/No SQL
About Global Tech
- Hive/Hadoop: basic understanding of HDFS architecture
- Apache Arrow: familiarity with parquet data storage and serialization concept
- ReactJs basics.
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Option 2: 4 years' experience in
software engineering or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Computer Science. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics, Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America