Position Summary...What you'll do...
We are seeking a highly skilled, professional data product manager to join our dynamic and growing team. As part of the Merchandising data enablement organization, this role will be a crucial enabler of our digital transformation strategy. You will work collaboratively with business stakeholders, data stewards (data managers), scrum masters, program management, and engineering teams to ensure on-time delivery with quality results. Key Responsibilities
Develops and manages the implementation of the product development roadmap based on knowledge of business and data strategy.
Plans and coordinates development of data assets and ensures integration into roadmap based on knowledge of short-and longer-term needs of a single data category.
Collaborates with cross-functional teams to gather inputs and requirements.
Executes product development within a moderate to complex category, ensuring achievement of data product development objectives and identifying and prioritizing tradeoffs across data product development initiatives.
Drives the execution of business plans and projects to meet customers and operational needs; communicating business plans and priorities; reporting on barriers and obstacles that impact performance. Job Competencies Driving Customer/Client Needs:
Researches and verifies customer needs and expectations. Builds and maintains consistent customer connections and solicits customer feedback. Creates customer journeys and identifies customer touchpoints. Addresses gaps/risks in product experiences. Simplifies and improves processes to drive customer satisfaction.Product Vision & Strategy:
Owns a customer problem and/or product requirements/needs. Assists in building new ideas/products. Explores new areas for value creation and develops a long-term vision. Articulates problem statements and hypotheses and guides team towards prototypes. Effectively communicates product strategy and vision.Product Roadmap & Development:
Builds a product roadmap with proper phasing. Communicates with cross functional partners and stakeholders. Builds stakeholder alignment. Independently manages backlog/priority tradeoff decisions and communications. Manages product/feature rollouts and scaling and iteratively optimizes the product.Data Driven Product Decisions:
Supports data analytics for a product/feature. Supports data collection and evaluation for assigned areas.Influencing & Building Stakeholder Consensus:
Communicates in stakeholder meetings involving one to two teams. Proactively builds network. Articulates results/recommendations. Actively listens to others, acknowledges different technical perspectives, and connects to product in development.Technology Orientation:
Demonstrates a basic understanding of privacy & security policies and process. Owns business and user acceptance for products/features. Independently represents data requirements and drives data design outcomes. Demonstrates an understanding of data architecture, services involved, and database and cloud technologies used. Drives informed discussions with engineering teams and stakeholders to assess feasibility and risks and prioritize efforts, features and capabilities.Domain Expertise:
Identifies gaps across subdomains and reports gaps for potential innovation opportunities. Compares maturity or products, services, and processes within the subdomain with others in the industry.You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- You have a deep interest and passion for team agility.
- You love helping teams achieve, maintain and sustain Agile maturity.
- You would enable teams to improve and deliver value continuously.
- You have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making, and excellent communication with interpersonal skills. You are self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities.
- You have knowledge and working experience in cloud and data technologies: GIT, SQL, Spark, Druid, Hive, Hadoop, Teradata, GCP and BigQuery,
- Product Management Certification or Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) is always a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area
- Strong communication skills (oral, verbal, and listening) as well as the ability to influence stakeholders and understand their points of view
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, growing environment and work well with ambiguity
- Experience in practicing agile methodologies - Scrum, Kanban
- Experience in using tools such as Jira Board, Confluence, Roadmap Tools
- Technical experience in Data Analytics domain
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, or related field and 2 years' experience in product management, project management, management consulting, retail or eCommerce business functions, or related field OR 4 years' experience in project management, management consulting, retail or eCommerce business functions, or related fields. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis, Gathering, identifying, defining, and communicating requirements., Leading product or solution development
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America