Position Summary...What you'll do...
Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving pertinent documents, directions, examples, and timeline.
Provides support to the business by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies);researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; identifying short and long term solutions; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of associate's domain.
Manages small to large-sized complex projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; researching and identifying alternative solutions; determining needed solution based on return on investment and value add to the business; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; identifying areas of opportunity; interpreting information and identifying a solution; ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; and completing online documentation.
Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, project management, business, and user experience teams.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices. What you will be doing
- Design and implement next generation system architecture and automation solutions.
- Implement, maintain, and improve configuration management deployment using CI/CD.
- Own and lead initiatives to define, design, and implement DevOps solutions which includes reference architectures.
- ROI analysis in comparison of as-is vs to-be state of environments, processes.
- Cost benefit analysis of recommendations, identify quick wins
- Participate in workshops and provide presentations of the proposed solution.
- Perform analysis best practices and emerging concepts in DevOps, Infrastructure Automation, and Enterprise Security.
- Acts as a technical liaison between clients, service engineering teams and supports.
- Define common business and development processes, platform and tools usage for mobile solutions and delivery.
- Review and audit of existing solution, design and system architecture.
- Create and continuously maintain technical documentation.
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure automation tools (Puppet)
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (Github)
- Fluent in one or more high-level languages, ideally Ruby,Powershell and/or Python
- Exposure to software architecture patterns with consistent HA, scale, security, monitoring, and configuration of cloud platform service.
- Practical expertise in performance tuning and optimization, bottleneck problems analysis.
- Understanding of security and risk as it relates to patch and configuration management, logging, alerting and monitoring.
- Experience supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems
- Troubleshooting, triage, root cause analysis and performance monitoring skills.
Live our Values
Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omni merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others contributions and accomplishments. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America