Position Summary...What you'll do...
Are you passionate about developing cutting-edge back-end solutions to enhance the consumer-facing experience? As a member of our Engineering organization, you'll be viewed as a subject matter expert who is capable of taking our competencies to the next level. The work you do will help us to define a best-in-class user experience while positioning Walmart as a cutting-edge company, one that puts innovation at the forefront.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Back End) you are responsible for developing high performance and scalable e-commerce applications that meet the needs of millions of Walmart customers and its next generation Supply Chain services that is built largely on an event driven platform implemented via a micro-service architecture. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general.Responsibilities include:
- Primarily responsible for delivering high quality technical designs and code for the product requirements in a fast-paced agile scrum environment.
- Develop java microservices, CICD pipelines and infrastructure automation.
- Lead the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, project management, business and user experience teams; and obtaining cross-function approvals. Demonstrate up-to-date expertise and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Provide high level design artifacts based on R & D, code development and maintain new features/components for supply chain/fulfillment services in global ecommerce backend platform.
- Review and evaluate designs and project activities for compliance with applications design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Strive for continuous improvement in efficiency
- Troubleshoot business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
- Provide support to the business by responding to user's questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); identifying short- and long-term solutions; facilitating resolutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5-7 years of experience or master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3-5 years of experience
- Strong Knowledge of the Java stack - Spring, Apache libraries and common open-source frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in distributed systems and computing.
- Experience with Spring, REST frameworks, SaaS platform API design, API Strategy, Semantic richness of APIs
- Experience with public or private cloud services.
- Experience with microservices and frameworks
- Familiar with NoSQL, columnar/document databases such as Cassandra.
- Experience in distributed messaging services such as Kafka.
- Familiar with Kubernetes, Terraform or CloudFormation
- Comprehensive automated testing experience with CICD pipelines
- Security aware at all stages of the development process
- Using software applications design tools and languages.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Software applications testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
Benefits & Perks
- Knowledge and experience with Python
- Knowledge and experience with distributed compute frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop and Dask
- Knowledge of C/C++
- Knowledge of CUDA
- Strong mathematical skills
- Experience with ETL frameworks like Panadas or cudf
- Strong knowledge in parallel compute principles/methodologies, computer architectures and Linux operating system
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America