Position Summary...What you'll do...
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy
solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive and iterative delivery environment? At Walmart, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies to join our team. As a Walmart Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformations at Walmart scale.About the GRC Data Analytics & BI Organization:
Our organization i.e. Global Risk and Compliance -Data Analytics & BI focuses on managing and delivering world-class analytics products, driving policy compliance, creating partnerships, and developing pipelines and self-service analytics and BI applications. Responsible for all the analytical implementation(s) as a Horizontal so that we can define and drive the business needs across the Organization for analytics and give them consumer grade experiences.You'll really wow us if...
What You'll Do:
- You enjoy working with people who will keep challenging you at every stage.
- Your breath and live large-scale systems engineering.
- You have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making mind set along with excellent communication with interpersonal skills.
- You are self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities.
- Java/J2EE, Spring, SQL-Server, Hibernate, ReactJS, HTML
- Demonstratable experience in building services using these technologies -Java, Springboot, Microservices
- Building Restful services
- Unit testing frameworks (Junit, Jest, Enzyme etc) and code quality control platforms like Sonar
- CI/CD development environments/tools: Git, Maven, Jenkins, Azure DevOps
- Demonstrated ownership for development and design of a individual modules/features in a product
- Working knowledge of SQL and database technologies - on-prem and Cloud (GCP and Azure preferred)
- Hands on development skills to prototype technical solutions and proofs of concepts
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and willingness to learn new and emerging technologies
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Working Knowledge on Cloud Technologies:- GCP / Azure
- Awareness of Agile (Scrum) methodologies
- Working knowledge on containerized ecosystems (Kubernetes, Docker)
Benefits & Perks:
- Drive design, development, implementation, documentation and follow agile development process.
- Build, test and deploy cutting edge solutions at scale, impacting associates of Walmart worldwide.
- Interact with Walmart engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community.
- Be involved in the successful implementation by applying technical skills, to design and build enhanced processes and technical solutions in support of strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with the Tech Leads/Architects and cross functional teams and follow established practices for the delivery of solutions meeting QCD (Quality, Cost & Delivery) within the established architectural guidelines.
- Follow TDD to ensure testing and code coverage.
- Learn new and changing technologies and adapt to ensure best software practices and standards.
- Participate in hiring and support to build teams
- Interact closely for requirements with Business owners and technical teams both within India and across the globe.
- You will help and participate with the teams that leverage and contribute to open-source technologies to Make impact on a global scale
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America