Position Summary...What you'll do...Introduction
It's an exciting time to join our Walmart journey. Want to use design and coding skills to solve real-life large-scale problems impacting millions of lives?
We are seeking a Software Engineer III - Java
for a key position within Store communication Platform team. Store communication platform plays key role in enabling associate to associate communication via voice or text through me@walmart mobile application.
We are embracing Open-Source technology using Swift, Kotlin, React-Native, React.js to build a front end, mobile experience and cloud native backend services using Java.In our team, you will work with talented engineers across our platforms including mobile engineers, backend service engineers, UX Designer and product managers to shape our road map for Store communication platform with vision to help our customers by improving collaboration and communication between our associates.You'll sweep us off our feet if you...
You'll make an impact by...
- Encouraging others to grow and be curious
- A true passion about Technology. It's a must!
- Have the desire to learn
- 3+ years of industry experience in developing microservices and deploying to public cloud in k8s environment
What you'll do...Job Description
- Having a hands-on technical contribution in distributed system
- As a Software Engineer III , you'll spend your days in
translating requirements into solutions, writing code, Unit tests, collaborating with cross-functional teams and providing us with the insights necessary to think beyond the status quo
What you'll bring...
- Participating in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, project management, business, and user experience teams.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Identifying areas of opportunity; interpreting information and identifying a solution; ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
As a Store communication platform engineer, you will need experience in following areas,
- 2+ years of expertise and hands-on experience in object-oriented programming
- Experience with Java 8 advanced features such as:
- Functional interface & Lambda Expressions
- Streams/Parallel Streams
- Completable futures and concurrency API improvements
- Improved collections APIs
- 2+ years of prior industry experience in developing highly scalable micro-services and optimized RESTful APIs using Spring Boot in Java 8 or above.
- 2+ years of prior experience in Junit for unit testing application.
- 2+ years of prior experience is BDD testing using Mockito.
- 2+ years of experience in version control tools - Git.
- 2+ years of experience in working in a collaborative environment using Agile SCRUM practices.
- Solid grasp of various software design patterns and distributed computing.
- Solid understanding of relational and non-relational database technologies (SQL and Cosmos DB), data modeling and RESTful web APIs.
- Experience with Maven tool to build and deploy artifacts to snapshot repository.
- Experience in automated CI/CD workflow using tools such as Jenkins and GitHub.
- Prior enterprise experience in working with Azure Cloud Technologies.
- Experience working directly with Product, Business, Automation and other stake holders in delivering end to end product features.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Who We Are
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America