Position Summary...What you'll do...What You'll Do:
If You Are:
- Develop and support Walmart's massive Kubernetes platform across public, private and edge computing environments.
- Will be working on exciting new EDGE commercialization platform in retail world.
- Build and improve our Kubernetes multi-cluster deployment product.
- Direct root cause analysis of critical business and production issues.
- Lead and direct large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects.
- Be a technical lead and drive the team towards building a highly scalable and performing Container platform.
- Bring new ideas for product enhancement.
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Eager to work on the line between Software Engineering and System Engineering.
- Able to introduce changes with minimal complexity.
- Writing code that is testable and readable, and paying down technical debt regularly.
- Always seeing ways to incrementally improve systems and remove unnecessary complexity.
- Natural leader who takes ownership of the team's deliverables.
- Willing to take responsibility for running a critical part of our infrastructure.
- Technical leader to solve a highly scalable, reliable and performance challenges in cloud platform.
We'd Love To See:
- Prior Senior-level Software Engineering experience at a startup, or mid to large sized corp.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Go programming language proficiency. Java is also nice to have.
- Working knowledge in container and cloud native technologies - Kubernetes, Docker, other.
- Prior experience developing or working with Cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or OpenStack is highly desired.
- Prior experience developing or working with CI/CD or GitOps systems is highly desired.
- Infrastructure provision and management Knowledge at scale for public & private cloud (Azure, GCP, VMware, Nutanix, Openstack) is good to have.
- Exposer to security compliance and management of k8s security component (RBAC, OPA, Vault, etc) would be valuable.
- Prior experience of building a Kubernetes operator is good to have.
- Knowledge of opensource tools like istio, Prometheus, fluentbit is good to have.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure-as-a-code technologies like Ansible, Terraform, etc. is preferable.
About Walmart Global Tech
- Experience as technical lead.
- Track record of running large-scale systems.
- Containerization experience, especially Docker and Kubernetes.
Imagine working in an environment where one experiment can catapult an entire industry toward a smarter future. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.comBenefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who We Are?
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America