Non-Exempt, Full Time
ClearPointe manages server and network infrastructure, 24/7. We are a services oriented business managing Information Technology world-wide, where each client is unique in its IT needs. This position will require an experienced IT professional with a diverse set of IT skills.
The NOC Analyst handles alerting of network problems and works to resolve them. He/She analyzes the problem and, depending on problem complexity and resolution time constraints, either solves it or seeks help. The NOC Analyst utilizes support from technical experts within the organization and third parties, as required, to resolve a problem. He/She takes responsibility for handling incidents and following them through completion or escalation. Upon successful resolution, he/she finalizes the task according to company policies for incident management. Job duties also include recording the problems encountered and techniques used to solve it for future reference.
NOC Analysts should be capable of solving a variety of network problems, including those that may not have standard resolution methods. In such cases, NOC Analysts should be able to apply methods based solely on their own technical knowledge. This position requires a person who can think ahead so as to implement proactive measures. Ability to grasp information in several formats, including print, verbal and pictorial representations, is important.
A NOC Analyst must demonstrate excellent technical knowledge with a minimum of one year of IT support experience and be proficient in the following skill sets:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Delivers superior customer experience by responding to Service Requests according to established service level agreements in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Responsible for communicating with end-users regarding incident updates, phone calls and/or email notification.
- Follows standard call tracking, special instructions and other documented processes and procedures and logs all work performed in a highly detailed and readily reviewable manner in the incident tracking system.
- Sets end-user expectation regarding the type and timeliness of service to be provided. Responsible for meeting individual and departmental metric goals with regards to incidents and phone support requests.
- Assists and/or consults with tiered support escalation members to achieve company defined Service Level Agreements or SLAs.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed.
- Provide Microsoft Windows operating systems support including training and support requests received for Microsoft Office Suite applications and other enterprise IT and business applications.
- Provide Windows Server Technologies and Active Directory support.
- Provide Microsoft Exchange support.
- Provide Cisco router support.
- Provide Cisco and Fortinet firewall support.
- Provide thin client technology support (Citrix and Microsoft Remote Desktop Web Access)
- Use of network management software (HP SIM, Dell OpenManage, Microsoft System Center, SolarWinds Orion)
- Provides fundamental information technology/systems support and serves as "front line" response to customers via phone, email, and remote connectivity assistance.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- A minimum of one years’ experience in an IT Help Desk or technical Customer Service Call Center environment preferred.
- Must be available to work a flexible shift schedule.
- Demonstrate ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems in an effective manner.
- Be highly motivated.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- A positive professional attitude with strong background in customer service is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to a fast pace and continuously changing environment is required.
- Macbook and iPad support experience a plus.
- Demonstrate ability to follow, capture, and document all relevant details pertaining to a support issue.
- Ability to think outside the box when diagnosing and troubleshooting issues where documentation may not readily exist.
- Handling all calls and requests with high emphasis on a friendly, professional customer-service attitude.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Microsoft MCP or Cisco CCNA certification preferred.
- Associate’s Degree in IT preferred.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform. Duties and responsibilities may be changed by management to meet the business needs of the Company. On occasion, work may be required beyond normal office hours.