Client Support Engineer
Exempt, Full Time
The Client Support Engineer is the immediate escalation path from NOC Analyst. They provide guidance to NOC engineers as well as manage escalation of support requests within their shift schedule. Coordination and handoff to other shift schedule Client Support Engineer is also crucial to manage all service requests to timely resolution.
Client Support Engineers are actively engaged to work issues to resolution.
The Client Support Engineer utilizes support from technical experts within the organization and third parties, as required, to resolve a problem. He/She takes responsibility for handling incidents and following them through completion or escalation. Upon successful resolution, he/she finalizes the task according to company policies for incident management. Job duties also include recording the problems encountered and techniques used to solve it for future reference.
Client Support Engineers should be capable of solving a variety of network problems, including those that may not have standard resolution methods. In such cases, Managed Services Analysts should be able to apply methods based solely on their own technical knowledge. This position requires a person who can think ahead so as to implement proactive measures. Ability to grasp information in several formats, including print, verbal and pictorial representations, is important.
Client Support Engineers must demonstrate excellent technical knowledge with a minimum of 5 years’ of IT support experience and be proficient in the following skill sets:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for management and resolution of escalated issues for complex technical incidents, including analysis, root cause determination and on-going client follow-up
- Delivers superior customer experience by responding to Service Requests according to established service level agreements in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Provide training to NOC Analysts support and act as a mentor to other Managed Support Engineers.
- Ability to methodically resolve the more difficult and complex technical issues reported by customers.
- Utilize own judgment to resolve problems or perform research.
- Address routine and non-routine customer problems.
- Responsible for communicating with end-users regarding incident updates, phone calls and/or email notification.
- Follows standard call tracking, special instructions and other documented processes and procedures and logs all work performed in a highly detailed and readily reviewable manner in the incident tracking system.
- Sets end-user expectation regarding the type and timeliness of service to be provided.
- Responsible for meeting individual and departmental metric goals with regards to incidents and phone support requests.
- Assists and/or consults with tiered support escalation members to achieve company defined Service Level Agreements or SLAs.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed.
- Must be able to work on-call once a month.
- Advanced IP routing and switching design, implementation, and troubleshooting
- SSL/L2L/DMVPN/GRE VPN design, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Network security – Firewall planning, design, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Must have experience in Office 365 and Azure.
- Advanced Windows Server 2008/2012 Technologies and Active Directory support
- Advanced Hyper-V/VMWare virtualization configuration and support including high availability configurations
- Advanced Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013 support
- Advanced SQL support Advanced Storage support (SANs)
- Advanced Microsoft Lync support including SIP and voice configurations
- Advanced firewall, router and switch configuration and support
- Advanced thin client technology support (Citrix and Microsoft Remote Desktop Web Access)
- Load balancing support (Citrix / F5 load balancers)
- Data protection level three support (Microsoft DPM, Veam Backup / Recovery, and Symantec BackupExec)
- System Center management suite (SCCM, SCOM, SCEP, Service Manager)
- Use of network management software (HP SIM, Dell OpenManage, Microsoft System Center 2012, SolarWinds Orion)
- Manage customer health states and escalate as needed
- Ensure customers are responded to within established timeframes and customer care and technical support service levels are achieved.
- Strong documentation skills to be utilized for case management, knowledge capture, and training
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in IT.
- Exhibit above average reasoning and troubleshooting ability by identifying and analyzing an issue and developing and executing an action plan to resolve an issue.
- Must be available to work a rotating day but fixed time shift schedule.
- Excellent written communication and verbal skills, as well as strong listening skills.
- Be highly motivated.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- A positive professional attitude with strong background in customer service is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to a fast pace and continuously changing environment is required.
- Demonstrate ability to follow, capture, and document all relevant details pertaining to a support issue.
- Ability to think outside the box when diagnosing and troubleshooting issues where documentation may not readily exist.
- Handling all calls and requests with high emphasis on a friendly, professional customer-service attitude.
- Bachelor Degree in IT preferred.
- Minimum Microsoft MCSE, Cisco CCNP or CCIE certifications preferred.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform. Duties and responsibilities may be changed by management to meet the business needs of the Company. On occasion, work may be required beyond normal office hours.