Position Summary...What you'll do...About the Team
The Global Governance team within Walmart Global Technology leads and oversees company-wide ethics and compliance, legal, global investigations, global security & aviation applications, standards, processes, and procedures. Our team is on a mission to build the best platforms for our business partners, provide key data insights, and set a higher bar in engineering standards.
Reporting to the Sr Director of Software Engineering of the Global Governance tech team, you will be a key contributor to leading, designing, building, managing, maintaining, and deploying our global solutions. You'll also get to lead, mentor, and develop a talented team of engineers, lead hackathons and other exciting events, and work closely with cross-functional teams and leadership.You'll make an impact by:
You'll sweep us off our feet if you have:
- Acting as a role model to the team - you will get to lead a talented team of engineers
- Working on exciting projects and initiatives- you will get to lead hackathons and other exciting events and initiatives.
- Building innovative technology- you will get to design, build, lead, deploy, troubleshoot, and maintain the technology that powers Walmart's Global Governance and Compliance infrastructure and products. You will drive engineering agile maturity best practices (including code coverage by automated testing, code/defect quality, data quality, CI/CD pipeline) and ensure appropriate application performance monitoring is in place.
- Building strategic relationships: You will partner with Senior Engineers and stakeholders
- to ensure technical standards/ways of working, including change management execution, are within portfolio guidelines
- Operating with excellence - Set an example in managing KPIs, delivering excellence, presenting at all levels, and developing yourself and others.
Additional preferred experience:
- 8+ years System design and implementation experience of global systems
- Hands-on architecture experience
- Hands-on cloud experience
- Proficiency in Java
- Excellent communication skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Frontend development experience
- Data Engineering expertise
- Exposure to infosec
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who We Are?
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering OR PhD. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
608 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6207, United States of America