Position Summary...What you'll do...NOTE: This is not a people manager role, but it a Technical Engineer role.It's critical that you have Mainframe Engineering experience to be concerned.Skills we're looking for are:
- Experience with complex, multiple LPAR, multiple data sharing sysplex environments.
- Experience with DFHSM
- Experience with FDRPAS
- Experience with BMC Tools including MVSRM
- Ability to read/write REXX code
- Ability to read/write code for ACS routines
- Ability to read/write JCL in supporting reporting job abends owned by the team
- Familiar with Luminex MDI to support teams with install and issues
- Familiar with RMM and it's navigation/role
- Managing storage pools (adding volumes, cleanup, reclaiming volumes)
- Assisting with support for space allocation recommendations
- Experience with virtual tape environment (preferably Luminex)
- Experience with IBM GDPS Metro Mirror, Global Mirror, Metro-Global Mirror, Hyperswap
- Experience with IBM DS8K storage
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to support 24x7 on-call for a week
Manages small agile teams or workstreams for systems engineering solutions by analyzes requirements based on project or business needs; partners with cross-functional teams to determine system requirements for systems application development; evaluates existing options and determines solutions that support business or project requirements; develops and implements project timelines; builds systems engineering solutions; and works with the project team to integrate systems engineering solutions with overall project designs.
Troubleshoots issues related to systems engineering solutions by serves as software operational support and provides subject matter expertise; researches and reviews reported issues; develops and implements solutions based on expertise or escalates to appropriate teams when needed; identifies trends in issues and determines the root cause; collaborates with cross-functional teams to drive solutions; updates stakeholders on issue resolution.
Manages daily operations support for existing systems engineering solutions by performs complex maintenance and monitors the health and performance of systems engineering solutions; develops and delivers operational features and operations management systems and processes to accommodate growth and traffic on eCommerce websites; designs systems testing processes and environments; evaluates logs in order to proactively detect and document issues; performs daily requirements in order to ensure reliable and continued service; documents engineering processes and designs; and mentors and trains team members on applicable topics and processes.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 2 years' OR Master of Science and 1 year's systems engineering experience OR 4 years' systems engineering experience Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America