Position Summary...What you'll do...As Sr Manager II of Data Engineering, Services, you are managing a large Engineering team building scalable, highly-available, enterprise-grade data flows for People domain and accountable for the highest levels of service performance for the data flows
- You will lead and inspire your teams while effectively prioritizing work and maintaining a strong customer focus to create business value while putting processes in-place to ensure successful outcomes.
- You will find ways to deliver incremental value while solving tactical problems strategically.
- You have strong internal Data Engineering mindset that achieves automation and internal improvements while meeting customer requirements.
- Demonstrating a combination of strong technical, people, and operational skills and a platform mindset and have a track record of using data to drive continual improvement.
- Partnering effectively and building consensus with multiple stakeholders, including Business, Product, Data Governance, Data Strategy, Platforms, UX, and other Engineering teams.
- Proven experience in driving cloud based data lake and data warehouse strategy.
- Driving engineering excellence by measuring and monitoring the actual performance of system SLAs
- Quantifying opportunities and measuring the quality, performance, and business impact of our solutions and use data to inform prioritization and operations.
- Expert-level technical skills and a proven track record of leading teams that build maintain architectures that are highly scalable, performant, and reliable.
- Solid understanding of scalable systems architectures
- High-volume, low latency data processing for real time and batch data
- Big Data
- Spark/Scala and PySpark
Live our Values
- Proven experience in driving service quality, stability, and performance.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills.
- Must have strong stakeholder management and ability to inspire and influence your team members.
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.Embrace Change
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.Talent Management
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Option 2: 7 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field.
4 years' experience in data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics.
1 year's supervisory experience. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics, ETL tools and working with large data sets in the cloud, Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America