Position Summary...What you'll do...
On the People Technology Transform team at Walmart Global Tech, we provide solutions to our business customers to help our organization support the millions of Associates at Walmart. By being a partner with the Global People community, we strive to understand the People business needs of today and tomorrow, bringing technology innovation while maintaining the People technology suite
We are looking for a Senior Manager II, Software Engineering - Workday
to lead our Workday Data and Engineering Enablement teams responsible for data conversion and enabling technology in the deployment of Workday to new populations and new functionality.In this role, you will...
You will make impact by...
- Directly manage one of our engineering teams responsible for data in Workday and enabling technology for Workday deployments.
- Work closely with leadership to drive the vision and strategy for multiple groups of talented engineers.
- Drive technical processes, best practices, performance, productivity, and operational excellence.
- Hire and coach talent through their career growth.
- Build an open, positive, and high-performance culture while ensuring happiness and work-life balance of your team(s).
- Utilize your knowledge, experience, and engineering acumen to solve problems at scale and generate high customer impact.
- Being a seasoned people leader as well as a technology leader who is driven by customer impact and excellence.
- Using your skills as a communicator that can challenge not only your team, but also the Business teams to think outside the box.
- Use your skills and understanding of ETL processes and tools to lead a best-in-class data team.
- Serve as escalation point for unresolved incidents, user complaints, critical incidents, or highly complex service requests
- Providing a consultative, collaborative, customer-centered mindset with strong communication capabilities
- Having a track record of fostering team collaboration and accountability through both direct and influencing leadership to deliver positive results
- Partner with Supplier application roadmap and drive innovation for product capability enhancements
- Leveraging demand management and business prioritization capabilities
- Conduct daily risk identification and proactively work with required stakeholders/team members to mitigate and manage risk
- Mentoring and fostering development of team members and promote continuous learning
- Anticipate business needs and proactively engages key stakeholders to plan and deliver on business objectives
- Understanding of and extensive experience across HR / Payroll business processes
- Champion data security to verify cross application security policies are in place and followed
- Bringing your extensive experience in HR technology project management
About Global Tech
- Experience with leading teams and executing on business strategies.
- Experience in Workday data conversion highly desirable.
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
2 years' supervisory experience. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America