Position Summary...What you'll do...
The Sam's Club Product Team is focused on creating an incredible omnichannel shopping experience, bringing members the best products at the best prices. Team members work cross-functionally with operations, dot.com, supply chain, membership and marketing, merchandising and shrink. Collectively, our associates' skills range from data analysis to computer engineering to marketing. We are a nimble group that comes from a vast background yet are guided by the same north star: to work quickly, cost effectively and with vast foresight. Together, we innovate and drive the future of retail by anticipating the needs of our members - often even before they know what they want themselves.
The Membership team is looking for an Associate Product Manager who will be responsible for managing the Sam's Club omnichannel membership renewal experience. Success in a career on the Product Team requires the ability to identify problems and offer solutions - quickly, autonomously and with vast foresight. Bring your ability to see projects end to end and envision the full picture. Engage your analytical mind to decipher data. And ignite your communication skills to work collaboratively and sell big ideas.
As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of shopping. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, an Associate Product Manager role at Sam's Club could be the fit you've been looking for. Join our team and make an impact on the future of retail, anticipating the way members shop and even think.You'll make an impact by:
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Developing and enhancing products - you will manage product roadmaps and prioritization, lead an agile development process, working closely with internal teams and engineering teams
- Defining vision and strategies for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
- Crafting and developing solutions to large business challenges - communicate business and member needs to key partners to implement products and timelines
- Driving business plans and projects by identifying the member and operational needs of the product
- Evaluating the effectiveness of your products and initiatives by using a data-driven approach to making decisions and gain user insight using rigorous A/B tests, qualitative user studies, and quantitative market research
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of product management experience or Master's degree with experience in consulting, ecommerce, retail or tech
- Self-motivated; independent, organized, and proactive; highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable
- Strong communication skills; able to effectively influence a wide range of stakeholders across the organization
- You are passionate about membership/ subscription models and user experiences
- You are a strategic thinker and able to synthesize data from multiple sources (including analytics, user research, operations research, and design) to identify key unmet needs and solutions that can address the needs
- You are data-driven and analytical to draw insights from current product performance to deliver on key user metrics.
- You have the ability to work with large number of teams to make the vision of the product successful
- You are able to translate product strategy into detailed specifications, making functional and user interface design tradeoffs, managing product launches and owning the product successes post-launch
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, or related field and 1 years' experience in product management, project management, management consulting, retail or eCommerce business functions, or related field OR 3 years' experience in project management, management consulting, retail or eCommerce business functions, or related fields. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis, Gathering, identifying, defining, and communicating requirements., Leading product or solution development
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America